Please- I need therapy

Bwana

Reaction score
How did you get the windshield out? I've already made the mistake of removing the chrome trim first but I can rectify that later. Can you just push it out using a lot of friends feet from the inside or is there a trick way to lever it out somehow?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the comments and encouragement, regarding getting the brake lines off, I have found that holding the one side with a 14 mm wrench and "cracking" the 11 mm nut with a pair of vice grips before attempting using the line-wrench is the best way to go. Sometimes it will put a groove in the nut but that's better than stripping it completely.

e30, the engine bay lines are brutal, I suggest a lot of time and some Xanax

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Windshield removal is super easy, from the interior peel back the rubber lip as you push forward, slowly it will come out. Installation is child's play compared to the e9. As with both cars, the chrome trim should be in the rubber when removing and installing.

I traded my e32 for an Agave big bumper 2002 (1975) I have an M44 DOHC/with a 5-speed I plan to put in it. I hope the old folks home my kids put me in has a shop!

Also posting a pretty cool Mint Green 2002 (1975) for sale in the for sale section- it's a friend's car- I've done some work on it and it's really clean.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is a long run inside wheel arch, and along bulkhead.
last time i had to do this, I bought the fittings and flare kit and just made a short piece, no need to replace the whole length if it's just the last foot that is a problem.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope the old folks home my kids put me in has a shop!
this seems like a solid business plan.

my pop is a legal weed grower and is getting the age of needed assisted living. we joked about finding a community he could grow in. Maybe I need to open an old-folks ranch with shops and gardens...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
this seems like a solid business plan.

my pop is a legal weed grower and is getting the age of needed assisted living. we joked about finding a community he could grow in. Maybe I need to open an old-folks ranch with shops and gardens...

Then offer programs to local teens and young adults to work the shop while the old-timers teach them their ways. Best of both worlds. Us old guys get to continue our passion and feel like we're passing it on to those who are interested, with a lounge chair always nearby for those needed breaks!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
last time i had to do this, I bought the fittings and flare kit and just made a short piece, no need to replace the whole length if it's just the last foot that is a problem.
that is interesting, thanks. I have been practising my flare technique. Not sure I am good yet, but may be getting to where I no longer gouge the new pipe just before the fitting. Mike

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hmmm, this is becoming a very interesting thread, shops and gardens, possibly a start-up that will rival bitcoin?? Where should we start looking for investors? Imagine the fun we could have hiring staff!!

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been practising my flare technique.
just remember to put the fitting on the pipe BEFORE you make the flare. you dont know how frustrating it is to make your flare and then realize you need to cut it off and make another. ask me how i know. lol

oh, and watch a couple youtubes. theres some great tricks out there.