polaris 72 CS on hemmings auctions

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i haven't looked at it, just saw that it was there. and put the vin out there in case you didn't have it.

antoine

Reaction score
Looked good from the first few pics--got my hopes excited until I saw Chris' post and started clicking through the photos. Do fender seams refer to the areas in the engine bay around the front shock towers? The interior door panels look like they got chewed by something, hah! Is the speaker in the passenger footwell an aftermarket add on?

Thanks,

Ant

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nothing but goop along fenders

D7F89FEC-C64B-4BA1-8D79-25D8093BBE1F.png

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Antoine - as others will attest, the most important thing to focus on is the condition of the chassis. Don't worry about the interiors but you'd do well to steer clear of cars with any semblance of rust. It's usually just the tip of a very expensive iceberg.

Looked good from the first few pics--got my hopes excited until I saw Chris' post and started clicking through the photos. Do fender seams refer to the areas in the engine bay around the front shock towers? The interior door panels look like they got chewed by something, hah! Is the speaker in the passenger footwell an aftermarket add on?

Thanks,

Ant

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the guy from BaT - wayne9 is heading this auction at 20k currently. looking at the pour attention to detail under the hood of this coupe, i can't see it going much higher, or the winner might sell to BHCC once they find out what they really bought.

antoine

Reaction score
So what's the deal with BHCC? They're a little questionable? Some of their cars look pretty high end, but they also got some pretty crusty listings too.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So what's the deal with BHCC? They're a little questionable? Some of their cars look pretty high end, but they also got some pretty crusty listings too.
BHCC has some decent and high end cars but the ones we always see are the junkers. He buys sight unseen as with a rusty CS in Laguna two years ago that I helped an older lady sell to him for $20K. It was rusty from stem to stern and he still had it a year later.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well this coupe on Hemmings auctions sold for $30,450. decent car for that price, mainly because a lot of the trim seems to be in decent shape. the rust remediation / paint redux will be more than most buyers are expecting, but they can finish with a decent car without having to replace all of the trim.