Portland Historic Races

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This weekend. I am planning on being there Saturday with my coupe (hopefully in one of the BMW corrals). Are there any Portland area coupes/owners on the forum who will be there?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
This weekend. I am planning on being there Saturday with my coupe (hopefully in one of the BMW corrals). Are there any Portland area coupes/owners on the forum who will be there?

There should be two or three of us there. I know it sounds weird but there are two BMW clubs in Portland with two separate corrals at the historics (ACA and CCA). The CCA corral is where we will be with the vintage SIG. Do you have a collector car pass? You'll need that to get to the infield where all of the car clubs will be.

It's a great event, hope to see you there.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, I have heard about that odd situation (rivalry?). I friend has a pass for me. I will likely be in the ACA corral. I'll come over and say hi in the morning.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I have heard about that odd situation (rivalry?). I friend has a pass for me. I will likely be in the ACA corral. I'll come over and say hi in the morning.

Great, look forward to meeting you and seeing your coupe. It looks nice!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Odd. Portland must have been the only ACA chapter not to merge with the CCA in 1991 or so. They can't use the Roundel and aren't recognized by BMW, I would think that limits them somewhat.

aalto

Reaction score
I'll be there on saturday with my coupe. Leaving from Vancouver BC tomorrow morning for the trip down. I've alternated between the two corrals over the years, usually parking in whichever one waved me in first. Not sure whether I'll park there this year or the outside of the track. Outside gives a little more flexibility when it comes time to leave! Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Matt

aalto

Reaction score
Hi Doug! Exhaust on the car after a bit of work with the welder. Made it to Portland without a problem. Much quieter than the previous setup and looks very tidy installed on the car. Thanks again.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Saturday was a beautiful day in Portland. I finally got to meet some locals and see their cars. Mike's pristine low mileage original white 2000 CS, Vince's Fjiord CS, Jeff's Polaris CS and Gary's white CS. Ted's nice Malaga bavaria from southern Oregon showed up later in the day.

I was so distracted I did not get around to taking any photos - sorry.

Matt - I think I missed you and your car? Did bring the car inside on Saturday?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sven, great to meet you on Saturday. Your car looks incredible! I'm going to have to get the MegSquirt setup in the 2014 coupe budget-2013 is already in the red.

Thanks again for the air filter, it's going in for the long drive to Oktoberfest in August.