Possible wrinkling in my trans tunnel around the shifter

dhanna

Reaction score
Hey y'all long time no post life's been continually crazy I got rear ended by a truck last December then in January another truck same year make and model clipped my car again different driver and truck.
But I'm back on track and finished pulling out the harness from under the dash

0d6d729bae840f8c8a6e970787490b41.jpg
48052c6cd4dbda5ed2d2cfc03d131303.jpg

Now I'm looking at the trans tunnel at the shifter opening and it doesn't look straight
It's hard to tell but the edges of the shifter opening in the trans tunnel are 'wavy'
The rest of the tunnel seems straight though
I know this is a common trouble spot on the e9
Is there any re-enforcement I can weld in while I have the car apart? Has anyone done subframe connectors for this car? I'd like to keep it as a daily driver so a full cage is out of the question
c556d8cff398ca997284ca10492ae5ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This had me curious so I examined my parts car. I see no evidence of any factory wrinkles or kinks in the trans tunnel.

My project car was hit in the rear so it will be interesting to see if there are wrinkles. Also. there is a thread on here wher a CSL had a significant amount of sheetmetal wrinkles visible from within the stripped interior. I will dig it up.

See pic of the parts car tunnel. The car still has the sound deadening as well as the rubber tunnel mat.

IMG_5549.JPG

Edit: I have the factory channel for the power window wires. My shifter surround has a few waves in it. Will snap a few more pics later.

Last edited:
Back