(Potential) New Owner of an E9

OrangeFurious

Reaction score
Hey all-

I'm a long time BMW owner considering the purchase of my first E9. Most of my experience has been with the early 2000s cars or on (E38, E53, E85, E89, E93), though I got my intro to cars through 60s American beasts.

The E9 I'm looking at is a '74 3.0 CSi, in great shape except for one small issue - it got sandwiched. I'm not afraid of body work, but I don't know the chassis well enough to understand all the ins and outs of this damage. Anything in particular I should be thinking of before I pull the trigger?

y4mOOlkVc2EY9Zlsjz_fgam7UASSaM600TJqNSakOdKtXP1FYnA0XFExBaeEVfRuTWr6ZnGbjTS1YAFLd3DvigTprR5kp1aGvJrJL4FZFBrY7yn_gShAc-s1my6ahMgLK_4m882UAFfF1NLwaJx3AFy6Oxgq8tIinw-8YVAshQfGrzy3kYzINm8DSEt8ZFJacpiy1woAboFGCsbWNhB_G7NSQ

y4mUAB-Jxox50kueQ3P8sEdWzpVgZuTNqIsFSEjEMhP8HK3lho_pJ_b8Jf4fn73rZW7xU3tttZWocsLY2aiIlWK7fFnEPdEgBwz40zaGVJCEgZoX3JDhTF6kF_MvFDdWQvFE2ylRrZe_UUCcCsvOVPAlJSh14fnsgNBh9j465TO4C0C6KemNAtVGsD8HX8I4gU5Wuul_xItjFJ_xaZuGyPTHA

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd be interested in it if you decide to pass. I'm in Sammamish. What's the asking price?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice!

You need a new nose and a tail panel and possibly a passenger rear fender. I'm in Seattle and have both. The nose was to become wall art but this is a better cause. I have a friend here with spare sheet metal also. Take a look here for new parts:

http://wallothnesch.com/

FYI - There are many knowledgeable e9 owners in the Seattle area that know a heck of a lot more about these cars than I ever will. You are in a good spot.

If you want to talk body parts shoot me your cell