Pricey E12 Alpina (RM Auction)

Very rare E12 model in regards to the body... Only first models were having the grille partially hidden behind the bumper with no noose stamped onto the front hood/bonnet.

Most of them has gone due to low value and huge rust issue which was somehow corrected after face lift in 1976.

A car for the experts to sort out and I am not one. I thought by May 1976 all e12s had a raised hood. September 1976 they were all facelifted with the raised center section, side fuel fill, etc. so they certainly didn't make the flat hoods up until that change over. I saw that car at a dealer in Fellbach, Germany in 2015. It looked good; a little different now. The dash plaque is a bit of a contrivance as well as some other stuff. The only serial Alpina e12s were the B7/B7S. Was it converted when new or sent to Alpina after the fact? That matters to collectors. Has documentation from Alpina which is a strong positive. The claim of being sent there when new in 1976 when I believe that above mentioned early body was long out of production is confusing. To me, at least!

“ The dash plaque is a bit of a contrivance as well as some other stuff.”

Agreed.

Reactions: m73
A car for the experts to sort out and I am not one. I thought by May 1976 all e12s had a raised hood. September 1976 they were all facelifted with the raised center section, side fuel fill, etc. so they certainly didn't make the flat hoods up until that change over. I saw that car at a dealer in Fellbach, Germany in 2015. It looked good; a little different now. The dash plaque is a bit of a contrivance as well as some other stuff. The only serial Alpina e12s were the B7/B7S. Was it converted when new or sent to Alpina after the fact? That matters to collectors. Has documentation from Alpina which is a strong positive. The claim of being sent there when new in 1976 when I believe that above mentioned early body was long out of production is confusing. To me, at least!
There is an e12 expert on this site, he will probably chime in, but it was my understanding only the '75 model year e12 had the raised hood.

There is an e12 expert on this site, he will probably chime in, but it was my understanding only the '75 model year e12 had the raised hood.
That guy might be me < I have owned at least one of every year US model e12 made and a M535 for short minute , as mentioned above the 75 and 76 had what I called the dog house hood and stubby taillights . Take note the picture of my e12 race car in the profile pic , its a 79 model car with a composite early 75 dog house hood

Reminds me of the great Volvo debate...flat hood or standard?

e508fb_beb2a7548fa046b2b14dd980df7a6b77.jpg

arris244-01lo.jpg

Flat hood 82 244GLT Turbo!

I’ve got a soft spot for 240’s. My first car was a 244.

I drive by this 242 GLT yard art every day on the way to the kids’ school. I want to knock
on the door with cash but I have far too many irons in the fire.

436B87DE-3EEC-4046-992D-CB4DB17546EE.jpeg

Back