probably a stupid question, but...

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have an extra stock 72 engine left over from a donor car that has not been rebuilt, which Korman (a year ago..)said is rebuildable. (If he hasn't already sent it to the glue factory, or otherwise canabilized...). The engine in my "good car" is fine. Is the (torn down) engine worth hanging on to, other than stealing a part or two down the road (head, intake,carbs)? I am obviously not a mechanic, and my guess is that in it's present state, is worth very little.I decided that it's best not to check my wife's opinion on this matter...Dave V. in NC USA

I had a similar problem. I ended up saving the head and pistions. The pistons will likely end up a decorations around the house. The head, unfortunately, is really only worth something to someone trying to restore the coupe to truly factory specs. Given that seems to be pretty rare, it isn't worth much.

The window is working out great, by the way, thanks again! I hope the blue books are working out equally well for you.

It's an excuse to buy a boat -- now that you have an anchor.

Besides the above, save the oil pan. It's a needed part when doing a 3.5l swap.

boat anchor

Thanks for the input, guys. I didn't know about the oil pan; 3.5 may be in the cards in a while. Boat is a 4-letter word. I have considered re-assembling, cleaning, and putting a glass top on the air cleaner as an end table. Appreciate it Mike.

Learning a bunch from the blue books, much thanks. And thanks for all of your work on helping us all on the board. Anyone that has ever tried to lead or help lead any type of volunteer organization knows that its alot of (thankless) work. I hope that I speak for us all in saying thank you, and keep it up. Passion is a wonderful thing.

Dave V. in NC USA
74 3.0cs coming home to daddy next week!
72 3.0csa still in purgatory..rear clip would make a great cooler...hmmm..

Back