Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you send email to Mr. Andreas Harz at [email protected]
and include you VIN number be will reply with the car's;
build date
delivery date
destination
color when manufactured
model when when manufatured (2800, 3.0 CS, CSi, CSL)

cheers ,

stan

Last edited:

JhwShark

Reaction score
Thanks Stan!

I just sent a note to Herr Harz! Once I get the reply, I'll update my registry data.

I am sure he will be getting a lot of these requests.

Jon

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I just sent off a more general request to Hr. Harz. If he is willing to share a table we can actually add a lookup function to the registry to pull his data based on the VIN and display it with the record. We could probably also make a simple look tool. Perhaps if everyone on the board sends him an email to goad him on.... politely of course ... I'd even send him a nice grill badge for his trouble. :-D

Thanks for the pointer Stan. :p

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just sent off a more general request to Hr. Harz. If he is willing to share a table we can actually add a lookup function to the registry to pull his data based on the VIN and display it with the record. We could probably also make a simple look tool. Perhaps if everyone on the board sends him an email to goad him on.... politely of course ... I'd even send him a nice grill badge for his trouble. :-D

Thanks for the pointer Stan. :p

A mashup?
I can think of 10 reasons why the answer will be negative. Any bets?

jhjacobs

Reaction score
A mashup?
I can think of 10 reasons why the answer will be negative. Any bets?

No bets from me. You are right but I still had to ask and I did. I got a very nice answer back saying they couldn't help for two reasons:

1. The records are in hand written log books and they won't consider the expense of scanning for little return.

2. They are concerned that, as the value of our coupe increases, that having this data "out" could facilitate counterfeiting of coupes.

Very reasonable but still a shame. On the bright side, they said they are more than happy to entertain individual requests.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
... I got a very nice answer back saying they couldn't help for two reasons:
1. The records are in hand written log books and they won't consider the expense of scanning for little return.
2. They are concerned that, as the value of our coupe increases, that having this data "out" could facilitate counterfeiting of coupes.

Cluseau is right again! Counterfeiting of course! I shall send my loyal assistant Kato to Shangai and will fine these law breakers pushing fake Rolex, foot massages, and counterfeit E9s. This case dear Kato will have a happy ending.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
How to tell a counterfeit e9

How to tell a counterfeit e9: if it really is rust free!