Project management

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many of us take on something that is sure to result in a properly restored car. But there are many systems/components that must be cleaned/restored/painted or powdercoated or replacements ordered. Many speak of newer replacements as not being acceptable, so back to renovating the original pieces. But who manages these steps? Can be a colossal time waster as one evaluates what can be saved, and what must be replaced, then can you source an acceptable substitute? Can anyone here share their experiences at getting it right, and what may be some suggestions for someone just embarquing on this journey. I mean, what is the sequence and what should be the expectations?
Thanks for your input!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
One choice that I am guilty of overlooking is the choice you make to restore or preserve. Sometimes I get a lot more pleasure in looking at an old, original and preserved item vs a restored or renewed item.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
One choice that I am guilty of overlooking is the choice you make to restore or preserve. Sometimes I get a lot more pleasure in looking at an old, original and preserved item vs a restored or renewed item.
Same here. Often involves search for the correct seals or bushings or whatever, then ordering double what's needed in case something gets damaged in first attempt, then all the cleaning/plating or whatever. But I agree, in the end, a much more enjoyable exercise than say, ordering complete new assembly, paying to ship something heavy, then just bolting in place. :cool: