Push button start on a

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
kind of nice if you get the type where you can keep the keys in your pocket.

Relatively easy mod. DOn't see why not if you're really bored and got some money burning a hole in your pocket (good ones are like $500).

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As long as the push button is hidden from view on the Coupe. The only reason to do this is if your ignition switch has failed. Walloth Nesch sells complete locksets with keys.

Packards had push button ignitions in the 1930s on the Twelves with ignition switch keyed on the far right.

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Placed in full view, cheesy... in a hidden location? Anti theft and easier than a battery switch. If in today's world a manual gearbox isn't anti-theft enough.

We have a VW T34 that the PO did a stealthy install under dash. Turn the key for power up, but if you don't know where the button is, car ain't starting.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I actually find removing the battery is a great anti theft device. Then they need still find the car keys, roller door controller and the keys to the work car parked in the driveway.
That's after they get past Lola..

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I actually find removing the battery is a great anti theft device. Then they need still find the car keys, roller door controller and the keys to the work car parked in the driveway.
That's after they get past Lola..
Our Lola is not a great anti-theft device...

Attachments

• Lola - 1.jpeg
    Lola - 1.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 81
  • Haha
Reactions: Wes

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I did not buy the fob it came with the car. I assume he got it sometime in the 70's or 80"s