Question for Megasquirt EFI conversions - warm/hot startup and idle settings

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey guys (and to my friends Sven or Don, specifically), I'm getting my car ready for the Saratoga Vintage this weekend with Stan, Andrew and others and was checking my warm start idle settings for optimal values. A few months back, when I was experiencing some hot start issues (no starting with cranking) I discovered - via a You Tube video -- that my idle cranking duty and warm up enrichment curves topped out at 175 degrees; so, basically, when the engine is hotter than that, there is no information for the ECU to start the engine properly. I adjusted those two values to max out a 220 degrees with a flat curve.

But this morning I noticed several other startup value topped out at 186.3 degrees including Priming Pulse Width, Cranking Pulse, Afterstart Enrichment %, Afterstart Enrichment Taper, and Warmup Enrichment Taper (this last one tops out at 212.7).

My hunch is that all of these values should be straightened or taper to 220 degrees. Should I adjust these other curves and values to 220 degree?

Thanks for any expert feedback!
Wayne

Back