question regarding chrome wheel arches...

TTsf

Reaction score
is there a difference between CSL chrome wheel arches and the others? is the CSL arches larger or stick out further than the other variations? also are the chrome arches still available or NLA? thanks.

terry

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes they are they come out further and at more of a perpendicular angle to the body rather than sloping downwards. They also have a square section and are stainless steel rather than chromed brass like most the aftermarket pieces. They look an awful lot better to my eye.

They used to be massively expensive used as they are still from BMW however ebay germany seems to have inexpensive stes up now and again.

Regards,

Rohan

Dave B

Reaction score
wheel arches

Michael,

Could you post a couple of pics? I am thinking about a set or chrome ( or stainless ) arches for my CSi.

TTsf

Reaction score
yes please post pictures of both types of chrome arches

do you know if the CSL will fit the CS or CSI model arches without modificatins?

Dave B

Reaction score
arches

Should fit without modification - I think that all models used the same wings ( fenders? )

Am sure someone will either correct me or confirm! :lol:

mandala

Reaction score
Is there a way of modifying them to work on rolled fenders?

Is there a way of modifying them to work on rolled fenders? Just wondering as i have a set but because of my alpina's i had to roll my fenders. Anyone know?

Jeff in pdx

marc

Reaction score
I think the front wings are the same shape but the CSL wings are made of thinner steel, they do have a different part number.

marc

Mario L.

Reaction score
Jeff,

We just did what you asked . . made them work with rolled fender lips for a car with Alpina wheels . .

Lots of work, it took a long time to get the fit . and we still need to install the wheels on each corner w/o springs to check for clearance issues . .

we'll do this while the car is on jack stands . .

MichaelP

Reaction score
Ok, here the pics. CSL arch on the right, W&N arch on the left. As has been noted, the CSL arch has a distinctly square profile versus the W&N rounded shape. The CSL arch is also wider and has a convex flare. Looking down at the widest part of it, it measures about 40mm, while the W&N is about 35mm wide.
[Broken External Image]:http://home.planetcomm.net/atelier/arch1.jpg

The shot below shows the left rear CSL arch laid over the W&N arch. The W&N arch is longer and doesn't terminate at the bumper line as the CSL arch does. Also, the shape at the end of the arches are different, though The W&N could be cut.
[Broken External Image]:http://home.planetcomm.net/atelier/arch2.jpg