Quick Question about a certain RHD CSL

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi All,

A RHD CSL, inka, 2285240,( not 404 my error ) is for sale in Australia. c/no 240is recorded showing being scrapped, afew years ago on my CSL information registry. i keep info on CSL's ie right/left hand drive, bat's, alpina's also. this c/no 240 is for sale?. either my records are wrong or sumthing is not right with this car. i have contacted DVLA and i am waiting for them to get back to me about the above.

does anyone have any info on the above car or no the above car?.

regards
sandhu

Last edited:

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Steve, I believe you are right and when the car was restored recently it got sold to Oz as it couldn't go back on the road here.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Rohan, long time since we last spoke. hope all is well. i am still looking to buy a CSL, within my price range, not the sellers asking price. people are asking silly money for CSL's, where the condition of the car, doesn't reflect the asking price. have a look on pistonheads, under bmw's, there are some CSL's for sale their, well over-priced. some of these cars, i looked at last year, for half their asking price. i no CSL's have gone up, but not by 200%.

c/no 404, the car doesn't seem right to me and the reg of the car has been changed, from the original one. L reg to L reg. car had been restored by different garages.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All,

A RHD CSL, inka, 2285404, is for sale in Australia. c/no 404 is recorded showing being scrapped, afew years ago on my CSL information registry. i keep info on CSL's ie right/left hand drive, bat's, alpina's also. this c/no 404 is for sale?. either my records are wrong or sumthing is not right with this car. i have contacted DVLA and i am waiting for them to get back to me about the above.

does anyone have any info on the above car or no the above car?.

regards
sandhu

Would you add your registry information to our list?
Stan

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Stan,

i would have no problem adding the info i have on the csl's, alpina's, bat's, all around the world, but that is alot of work for me at the moment. i will add some bit by bit, in the future.

people i think will be fairly surprised, to find out how many of the above cars are still alive, on the road, stored away etc. my records show that there are about over 300 CSL's RHD cars still in existance. some people think there are about 100 or 200 rhd CSL's left, they are way off the mark.

my info on the above cars are ie colour, reg of car, when the car was sold and how much, sellers contact details, which country the car is in.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is amazing!! Thisi formation would be very useful and well received. Add thembit by bit as you are able. Can I help in any way?

timt

Reaction score
Correction required

Hi, before posting anything on the Inka CSL for sale in Australia or any other please ensure the right VIN is associated with the right car.

VIN 2285404 is the Golf car recently auctioned in the West of England, subject of a different thread. The Inka car for sale in Australia is VIN 2285240.

Both cars are/were advertised with their correct VINs stated so I suspect there was probably a misunderstanding somewhere but these can lead to unfortunate arguments and issues later.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi:
Speaking of Inka,I spotted a 73 3.0 with recaro's for sale in Ma.I have the person;s phone number.
Koopman