Racing CS, needs finishing

aguirola

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my project that I started 20 years ago and this is as far as it has arrived.

The complete body was stripped to 0 and no rust at all. Epoxy primered then painted in a Ronnie Peterson
paint shceme, with our spoiler and some garbage rear wing and roof wing that we bought from a real clown.

We remade all the bum parts and re-moulded and produce what you see , perfect fit.

Trunk and hood are fibreglass, made by us. The paint is so good that you cannot feel the ridge between the stripes
perfectly made with the exact 'strange car' (Seat, Skoda, etc.) model shade
In it, a dummy 3.5 motor (empty, parts available: crank and old rods and pistons) , with 45 Webers, transmission 1st dogleg.
Would there be any interest in such a car?

Have too many projects and this all it needs is assembly, and shipping to either coast from El Salvador.

Regards, Alberto
IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

Also include full set Tilton pedals and pumps, Stahl racing headers, and Schrick racing cam and springs.
Mostly plumbed, if not, all fitting and hoses are there

The last set of photos...

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4940.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

I can guess who the clown is, sorry. Hope your coupe finds a good home.
Thank you Chris, yep, only one clown around and he knows ;)
It was OK, after all, now we have the Perfect moulds and beat his crappy parts.

If it does not find a home, then, we'll finish it here. No reason why not.
It will make a nice track car, why not.
Even came with a factory LSD, and have extra clutch plates, and best of all,
NOS parts to rebuild 100% of the dogleg, even the bearings that are a bear to find.

I forget what else there is around...

Regards, Alberto

What a shame! Now this chassis can take an S54...
Who'se shame?

Nothing wrong with an original 3,5...

And, what is an S54? , probably a beast of a motor, and the car will disintegrate.
It can always go back to stock, only a spot of paint :)

Regards, Alberto

Hi Alberto, Is the race track "El Jabali" still around? We were down there in the mid 80's for a IMSA invitational race. Was very interesting that time but lots of fun.

"El Jabali", is still around, I remember the IMSA invitational race, we were there, and all quite younger then.

We still go an putz around at 90%, keep it relatively safe, still no releases to sign or ambulances :)

It is a wonderful track, raced it actively for around 10 years. Loads of fun, EXTREMELY informal.

Kind regards, Alberto

Thank you Chris, yep, only one clown around and he knows ;)
It was OK, after all, now we have the Perfect moulds and beat his crappy parts.

If it does not find a home, then, we'll finish it here. No reason why not.
It will make a nice track car, why not.
Even came with a factory LSD, and have extra clutch plates, and best of all,
NOS parts to rebuild 100% of the dogleg, even the bearings that are a bear to find.

I forget what else there is around...

Regards, Alberto
Maybe "dogleg" implies this but is this a Getrag 5-speed or a ZF?

I sincerely do not remember, guess I can crawl under the car.

Guessed, one experienced E9er could tell by the photo of the 'tail end'. Or not...

Regards, Alberto

Last edited:
I sincerely do not remember, guess I can crawl under the car.

Guessed, one experienced E9er could tell by the photo of the 'tail end'.

Regards, Alberto
Yeah when you said all NOS parts, it made me wonder. I didn't know that was available for Getrags, but I'm pretty sure they are for ZFs. Maybe you found a good stash!

Yeah when you said all NOS parts, it made me wonder. I didn't know that was available for Getrags, but I'm pretty sure they are for ZFs. Maybe you found a good stash!
I don't know if this is definitive, but Alberto's photo of the transmission tail looks identical to my Getrag 265 "CR" close ratio 5-speed.

All NOS parts for the transmission that is there. At the time everything was available.
I will crawl under the car for more photos.

At the time I bought the parts including the transmission, all readily there on the market.
Apparently a CR Getrag was not of great interest.

Regards, Alberto

All NOS parts for the transmission that is there. At the time everything was available.
I will crawl under the car for more photos.

At the time I bought the parts including the transmission, all readily there on the market.
Apparently a CR Getrag was not of great interest.

Regards, Alberto
Thanks Alberto, very cool to have those parts available for the buyer! :)

Back