Rare Barn finds

Barry.b

Reaction score
Hi guys unfortunately they are not Bmw’s but they are definitely interesting and sought after .
You would want to be pretty brave to take them on though. At the very least the footage is worth watching.

Thanks Barry. I enjoyed this! BTW, I have been to Kings Lynn many years ago, a private collector let me view his special cache of Austin Healey. In this video, I must say, that was an epic job of car stacking! Makes me wonder though, the backstory...what happened to the owner of these cool Jaguars and AC. Or was it the widow who had to move these along? Hmmm

My father like British cars quite a lot. He had two models from this video, a 1967 E Type convertible and an AC Aceca. Of course, at the time, they were almost new.
There were many more before and after those two. A 1937 Rolls Royce, Allard J2X, Jaguar XK120, Morris Minor, MG Midget, Lotus 7, 1935 Morgan Super Sport, and predating them all, in 1947, a Duesenberg Limo. Rarely were any two of these owned at the same time as new ones would replace the old.
I'm sure the owner of these barn cars figured he'd get to them eventually.

Thanks Barry. I enjoyed this! BTW, I have been to Kings Lynn many years ago, a private collector let me view his special cache of Austin Healey. In this video, I must say, that was an epic job of car stacking! Makes me wonder though, the backstory...what happened to the owner of these cool Jaguars and AC. Or was it the widow who had to move these along? Hmmm
I don’t know any of the back stories to be honest , I wondered if it was maybe someone’s pension fund and they were cashing it in .
Hopefully the owner or maybe their loved ones get something nice from the sales.

My father like British cars quite a lot. He had two models from this video, a 1967 E Type convertible and an AC Aceca. Of course, at the time, they were almost new.
There were many more before and after those two. A 1937 Rolls Royce, Allard J2X, Jaguar XK120, Morris Minor, MG Midget, Lotus 7, 1935 Morgan Super Sport, and predating them all, in 1947, a Duesenberg Limo. Rarely were any two of these owned at the same time as new ones would replace the old.
Your father definitely had great taste in cars , the driveway must have looked pretty cool over the years.

With the Morris minor and the Jaguar XK ye could have made it into a music video
:)

Last edited:
So, English cars, eh? Here is a great video of 2022 Targa Tasmania. I bet this Healey chased Wes' CSL throughout the race. Must point out, Healey driver was 81 years old, and did a fine job pushing his magnificent Big Healey around the course. Great audio, BTW.

Last edited:
That is one well sorted Austin Healey !
I don’t think they cornered like that when they were new and the driver would put men half his age to shame :)
Great footage, thanks for sharing !

Back