Ratty Recarros-don't chojke

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very obviously needing re upholstery. These are early manual Recarro sport seats with the leg support extender They came from a very early E24. The frames are intact. They are selling on various locations in the $350 -$600 range for the seat frame value. I will do $450 for the pair plus the shipping.
IMG_0454%20(3).JPG

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
That could be very true and I am not insulted as someone has to save trees. However they are what they are and in demand with certain model owners. I was relatively sure that people here wouldn't use them but thought I would. see/ Maybe whatI am seeing is the light??

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That sounds like a fair price. I paid $350 for these ratty e21 Recaro's about 3 years ago and then had Dave at Aardvark Racing rebuild them. He had a 4+ month wait time if you didn't provide your own cores. There is a demand. I would recommend refinishing the metal bits before having them reupholstered and make sure the back frames are straight. They have a tendency to twist because of some weak welds.

They are oh so comfy...

photo 1.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That could be very true and I am not insulted as someone has to save trees. However they are what they are and in demand with certain model owners. I was relatively sure that people here wouldn't use them but thought I would. see/ Maybe whatI am seeing is the light??

Bert I didn't think you would be, I was just having a little fun. Like Sven said, there are people out there looking for those and not many left. Always nice to try and find someone to save all the nostalgic stuff, whether parts or entire cars. All it comes down to is money right? Hope they found a home.