Rear Drive Question

cs1971

Reaction score
Does anybody know the interchangable rear ends that will fit the 2800cs? I am looking for a replacement. I am currently doing the 3.5l motronic swap from an E34.

Any of the large-case side loaders will work. They were used on the E3, E9, E12, and early E24. Pretty much anywhere the M30 was before 1982.

I was trying to replace the pinion seal and scourge the spindle with a pry bar. The flange don't want to slide back into place. So I decided to take a file to fix the damage. I think it may work; had to tap in to place with a hammer. How do I determine what Rear Drive I have?

I was trying to replace the pinion seal and scourge the spindle with a pry bar. The flange don't want to slide back into place. So I decided to take a file to fix the damage. I think it may work; had to tap in to place with a hammer. How do I determine what Rear Drive I have?

The external case has a stamped tag on the bottom right side (with the unit oriented as it is in the car and you are looking at it from the back) which will tell you if it is a LSD and the ratio.

Back