Rear side window outer seals - Problem!

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi all,

My rear side window felt seals need replacing - These the pieces of felt-like material that attached to the bottom rear side window seals on the outside. Walloth and Nesch say they are NLA - Does anyone have any suggestions to a supply of them or an alternative?

Thanks

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have fabricated a similar piece using the felt "u" channels used for the front and rear window tracks. Simply bend open the "u" and flatten it, then cut off one leg. If I remember correctly, it was a bit tough to cut. Then carefully bend it to fit the curve of the window bottom and rivet into place along with the rubber strip.

pmansson

Reaction score
Curved outer felt strip for rear 1/4 lights

I have been talking to many parts suppliers in the marketplace, and it can only be a matter of time before somebody gets them into production somewhere. They are fairly simple pieces to produce, and easy for us to mount, so I´m just quietly awaiting the announcement.
I will order 8 sets in one go, or perhaps 1 to start off with and check them out.
They are one (two) of the few parts which are not available for the E9, not counting the interior.