Rear subframe ...Poly or Rubber?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am going to pull my rear subframe sometime in the next while and renew the bushings and powder coat it.
Probably going to keep stock bushings on the control arms, but am considering Poly for the body to sub frame bushing. Has anyone got experience with how the car feels when comparing new OE rubber with Poly?
My car also has 16 inch wheels and a slightly bigger rear sway bar .
Tia.

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Poly sub frame mount bushings are very nice but will transmit a slightly more solid road feel, meaning that you will notice the difference but if you don't mind a little additional "road feel" it's a nice upgrade. Otherwise the new stock mounts are good. Just my opinion. I would recommend them 100% on a stock set up but with the 16 inch wheels, I'll assume Bilsteins, and the thicker sway bar you will feel the difference in daily driving.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I have the Bilsteins and springs of unknown mfg that are about the same ride height as Carl Nelson springs. WIth the E9 it is a fine line between going racer ish and having a luxury touring car. Probably the 16 inch Alpina's with low profile tires define the ride handling compromise the most.