Rear suspension setup

Tyler

Reaction score
I notice that my rear wheels are not vertical (ie, 90 degrees to the ground), but rather are canted slightly inward at the top. Could there be a deliberate reason for this, or does the suspension need to be adjusted? New Bilsteins and bushings throughout, and the car sits level front to rear.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thats normal, the car has semi trailing arm suspention, the more weight you put in the car the more the wheels will angle in at the top.
The rear suspention at the back is non adjustable, the only way to "adjust" the rear camber(angle of rear wheels) is to either buy new slightly longer springs (costs lots), or as i have done put spacer discs between the body of the car and the top rubber spring seats (these can't be to thick or the top rubber spring seat won't seat properly

Steve

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can also slot the mounting points on the trailing arms to allow adjustment, and there are eccentric bushings available that will provide some minor adjustment.

Tyler

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I didn't notice it on my past Coupes. My current one is significantly lower than the others, so it sounds like that is the cause. Should I expect uneven tire wear due to the increased camber?