Rear Trunk Badge Grommet

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, tried without luck (so far) to locate this original two piece grommet; the new factory versions are one piece and do not fit the larger-diameter, thread plastic studs. Its a long shot, but worth asking...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 195
I see evidence of the original speed nut that hold mine. Easy on, destructive to get off.

They come in two sizes, some are clear with a gold ring inside. Small ones for CS badge, larger for Roundels. You put them on from the outside of trunk and push Roundel into them.

So here's the one anomaly, a metal speed nut. Track marks suggest the nut is original and the grommet to the left was used later? There's a pair of grommets holding the front badge in place...

On my Bavaria, I just used 3M strip calk aroung each grommet pin and a bit under the roundel. Water proof and easy to deal with in 15 years when I change my roundel again.

So here's the one anomaly, a metal speed nut. Track marks suggest the nut is original and the grommet to the left was used later? There's a pair of grommets holding the front badge in place...

Here's the photo.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 191
I remember cutting speed nuts off emblems in the early 70's. PITA and always took a bite out of the emblem posts.

Bibb Washer

Hey Guys

For all those who want to get rid of their nasty speed washers...here is a cheap and effective solution

In the plumbing section of your local hardware store, please locate a 1/4L Beveled Bibb Washer by Lasco Part No. 02-1077. Cost $1.39 for six!

It goes on super ez but keeps the roundel securely in its place. You can even coat the posts with a light coating of weaterstrip adhesive to add a bit of grip if you so desire.

I could not upload a pic. PM me ur email and I will send it via email.

Last edited:
Bez,

please send me a pic ... you have my email address,
thanks
scott

Hey Guys

For all those who want to get rid of their nasty speed washers...here is a cheap and effective solution

In the plumbing section of your local hardware store, please locate a 1/4L Beveled Bibb Washer by Lasco Part No. 02-1077. Cost $1.39 for six!

It goes on super ez but keeps the roundel securely in its place. You can even coat the posts with a light coating of weaterstrip adhesive to add a bit of grip if you so desire.

I could not upload a pic. PM me ur email and I will send it via email.

Back