Rear Window Demister - Options

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a rear window with a demister that is broken in a few parts due to lots of washing/wear and tear before my time.
My question is what options do I have?
Scrape off with some sort of solvent to get a clean window seems the obvious choice, but I would welcome some sort of kit I could buy internationally or a window restoration company in Sydney that might have a solution to repair (metal paint?) or put a new one on?
Anyone had any experience?
As the window is out awaiting re-fitting the extravagant option is I might be able to buy a replacement window with one installed - again any experience?

Thanks in advance for any help.

back in the day, there were kits (bottle, small brush, template) to touch up the breaks on the rear windshield defog screen. i presume that you have noticed a lot of breaks in this network.

have you made sure that there is a good electrical connection (power to the connectors / ground flow thru)?

no idea if there are any companies that are still around to fix this anymore. i would think that if there was, it might be cheaper to buy a new glass with the defog.

Have you checked wiring? Power (black wire) at window, ground side also black. Power comes from fuse 8 from Green/Blue wire. Does switch button light up?

Back