Rear window mechanism

pmansson

Reaction score
So I had all the parts out, incl the inner and outer lock clips to gain access to the 2+2 yellowish plastic male/female parts (they go on each side of the runners in the regualtor). Glass with 2 rubber sides is not attached.

Everything is back together with grease "everywhere". I noticed that there are small thin shims under the inner locking clip. 3 on each side, plus one slightly thicker (don´t recall where that was initially) There is slight play which I think should be the case.

I now tried to run the regulator with simple arm power. The first 2/3 runs farily easy, then there is some resistance where the track changes direction (where the front edge of the quarter light "dives" down to fit inside the side panel. OK, I can do all the way with my hand, but had expected something even smoother.

I did notice that the bottom ends of the yellowish plastic pars were different in shape. I put them back the way they were (and considering the dirt and stale grease, I doubt that any PO has ever taken these apart). Top covers seemed identical.

Grateful for any hints or suggestions....