Recommendation for BMW inspection (MARTINEZ, CA 94553)

duane_sword

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking to buy a used 2003 BMW E65 745Li.

The car has ~50,000 miles on it and is being offered for sale privately.

Understandably he wants to have a pre-purchase inspection, particularly given there were a few niggling issues with the early E65 7 series when they first arrived from Bangel's design nightmare.

So I am neither familiar with the new Bangelized BMWs and given I am on the other coast in Boston I have no idea who would be a good shop local to the Martinez CA region to recommend to my buddy.

I did suggest that he avoided the BMW dealership, who in my experience try to steer you away from the private sale into one of their own cars (understandable, but not necessary).

So I would really appreciate any references to BMW-familiar service shops or technicians who would be keen to perform a pre-purchase inspection on his 2003 BMW 745Li (I have tried to convince him to go with a BMW E39 M5 but he seems to like the big boat 7 series).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions for someone in the Martinez CA general area.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Duane, I can suggest Phaedrus in San Francisco or Bavarian Professional in Berkeley California. Both are excellent independent Bmw repair shops.

Bert