Red a/c hoses

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With engine out I am going to reroute my a/c hoses for better fill port access and put the drier somewhere in the front clip and get it off the usual inner fender location and clean the look up somewhat. Which got me thinking, is there any source for red a/c hoses, not necessarily the braided ones that are original to the cars (mine are long gone, replaced with modern black ones 12 years ago), although that would be amazing to find a source for braided red hose and fit them to the modern system, but all new hose I see is black. Any ideas or is this a pipe dream?

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've been thinking about reproducing them but I don't know if there are enough buyers to release about 15 sets...
obviously without braided red...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've been thinking about reproducing them but I don't know if there are enough buyers to release about 15 sets...
obviously without braided red...
You can get dark red barrier hose? The fittings could be customized by the buyer, as by now most a/c systems actually used have been upgraded.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We do a lot of AC installs and ship our kits pretty much everywhere in the world.
We usually order 20 hoses at a time - I have never seen red AC hose at any of the 4 hose shops we use. #285 AC high pressure, barrier hose is usually a fine braided black hose.