Red Turn indicator Lens pictures.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can anyone post a photo of their car with red turn indicator lenses?
I have them loose but no pictures of them installed.
Thank you

Can anyone post a photo of their car with red turn indicator lenses?
I have them loose but no pictures of them installed.
Thank you
While I understand that the red turn indicators are not "legal" in the US, I bet they look badass. :cool:

While I understand that the red turn indicators are not "legal" in the US, I bet they look badass. :cool:
I am not so sure about that. I think I have seen a modern day Lexus or something with red turn indicators.
Anyway, with antique cars and arguably some came with red turn indicators, all bets are off.

I am not so sure about that. I think I have seen a modern day Lexus or something with red turn indicators.
Anyway, with antique cars and arguably some came with red turn indicators, all bets are off.
I do love when you get pulled over in a classic car that is "deficient" in a whole list of things, but the cop just wants to ask about the car because they think it is cool.

i do NOT believe that red turn indicators are illegal on the rear of a car. my 2011 - 911s has red turn signals, very early coupes and the 2000cs had red turn signals.

I think they were required to be red until MY 1971 by the DOT. In Europe they could have been red or orange. All MB W113s were red until 1971, in fact I was told all early long hood 911s in Europe were orange and in the US they were red.

red turn signals look great on a schwartz or chamonix coupe. looked very good on atlantic / nacht. i am waiting to see which looks better on ceylon (i have both)
I think they were required to be red until MY 1971 by the DOT. In Europe they could have been red or orange. All MB W113s were red until 1971, in fact I was told all early long hood 911s in Europe were orange and in the US they were red.
my 2800cs was feb 1971 and as far as i know it had amber. when i look at cars like the mgb / gt, as i remember MY 1969 was the last year to have red turn signals. not sure about the 911's. i know that most of the 69 and older had red turn signals ... can't speak to the 70 / 71's - as i remember, 1970 was a slight body change thru '73 ... stayed true until the SC except for the bumper (AS I REMEMBER - could be very wrong)

red turn signals look great on a schwartz or chamonix coupe. looked very good on atlantic / nacht. i am waiting to see which looks better on ceylon (i have both)

my 2800cs was feb 1971 and as far as i know it had amber. when i look at cars like the mgb / gt, as i remember MY 1969 was the last year to have red turn signals. not sure about the 911's. i know that most of the 69 and older had red turn signals ... can't speak to the 70 / 71's - as i remember, 1970 was a slight body change thru '73 ... stayed true until the SC except for the bumper (AS I REMEMBER - could be very wrong)
I base my theory on the 2002s, red until MY 71.

i remember talking to Murray about this when you + I were at his house - the first time i saw blumax. he said that only early 2800cs had red turns. calling @Markos to look up in his picture / bmw literature file. inquiring minds want to know (and be sure).

Yes, US cars were required to have red rear turn signal lenses till the 70's. The hot upgrade for my circle of VW friends was to get lenses with the Euro amber turn lenses.
Personally, I prefer the amber signal lens because in the first few hundred milliseconds it gives an unambiguous signal of the driver's intent. I'll take every little advantage in warning the drivers behind me of my intent. And I think amber looks cooler than monochrome red.

i remember talking to Murray about this when you + I were at his house - the first time i saw blumax. he said that only early 2800cs had red turns. calling @Markos to look up in his picture / bmw literature file. inquiring minds want to know (and be sure).

I looked, including that early 2800CS video against the plane. Talbot mirror on the side but amber lenses. I’ve seen plenty on early 2800CS online, including member cars. US only may explain the gaps in the literature.

This 1969 pic looks like all red to me.
8D0527CE-F5C8-409B-8EDA-C28D80DBE9D9.jpeg

Back