Replacement Exhaust

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It's that time, what do people recommend - I see an OEM-style one on ebay which is fine, are there stainless options as well? At quick glance did not find any when searching. Just need from the manifold back.

I have the w&n SS and love it. EDIT: sorry, didn't see this was e3 - good luck!

Last edited:
WN does not have an E3 SS system that I have seen and I just went through their site.....................I wish they did. The E3 rear muffler has become very rare.

Yeah I had gone through as well but checked just to be sure - if there's not one around I'll just grab a standard, not a huge deal. For the price difference you can replace a couple standard ones before you break even!

Hello Sean,

sorry we don´t have stainless steel exhaust for E3.

Best regards
Alexander Nesch

Take it to a muffler shop that does custom work. They can fab anything much cheaper than stock or OEM. Its mostly just welding pipe.
I have a muffler I will not be using. Not original but fits the car.
I am doing away with the 90 degree bends and going straight back out the middle of rear. Shop will cut and sculpt the sheet mettle.

I'm speaking with someone now in the UK who can fabricate them but they don't have the LHD downpipes (the two bent ones that connect from the manifold) in their shop - does anyone know if there is a difference between the LHD and RHD downpipes?

I'm speaking with someone now in the UK who can fabricate them but they don't have the LHD downpipes (the two bent ones that connect from the manifold) in their shop - does anyone know if there is a difference between the LHD and RHD downpipes?
Go to RealOEM and the first illustration in the exhaust system will show you the difference, the RHD down pipe is connected to one flange .

Hey Sean i have just updated my post i have Exhaust parts for your e3 and i am local

Text me 708-204-7874

Take it to a muffler shop that does custom work. They can fab anything much cheaper than stock or OEM. Its mostly just welding pipe.
I have a muffler I will not be using. Not original but fits the car.
I am doing away with the 90 degree bends and going straight back out the middle of rear. Shop will cut and sculpt the sheet mettle.
That's what I did. I kept the stock pipe diameter and exhaust exit location at passenger rear, but I only have a 12" silencer and no muffler. It's a little loud but I wanted it that way.

Check out Billy BoatTriflow Everything is well polished stainless from the ends of the factory down pipes forward-. He uses[well polished ) cherry bombs for resonators and no cats. But it is "throaty, enough so between it and the cam, I turn a lot of heads when pulling into a Cars and Coffee He backs his stuff up. I had a very old system of theirs and when I brought it back to them for repairs They quoted me $250 Several weeks later,Billy himself called me 'and said it would now be $350. I OK'd it and when I picked it up they had given me a complete new system. Not bad when you figure a new system at that time was about $1,000

Seconding, no thirding Fredrick's advice. Take it to a good muffler shop, it could even be a chain if the owner knows what he is doing. One of my cars needed an expensive muffler years ago. The guy found a Ford Truck muffler that fit perfectly and had a low growl to boot.

Back