Replacement front seat recommendations (pics please)

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to find a new pair of front seats for my car. I have pair of early 80s Recaros, and they were all ready with new leather but it turns out they don't fit. The thing is, we lowered the mounts a bit to make a little more headroom as I am tall, and we did not think about how the seat of the chairs protrude down (more than expected) making them hit the mounts. Stupid... but sometimes you make mistakes.

So can you please share pics of your period correct (ish) replacement front seats for seats with info about where they came from? And they need to not protrude down too much.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey there, I've had E21 Recaros in place of my OEM seats since about 2011 and this was easily one of the best restomod changes I've made. I had the seats reupholstered first but should have had the padding replaced underneath too as they were too soft after the upholstery job and I had to wedge some stiff cardboard between the seat webbing and foam which really made the seat surprisingly firm and comfortable - go cardboard! The seats fit nicely on a black, predrilled 1/4 inch steel plate that goes right onto the stock sliders that I think I got from Rob Siegel? I have more than enough headroom and I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall, so I'm wondering what the situation is with your seats?

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    329.8 KB · Views: 19