Replacement material found for the black cloth power steering hoses and vacuum line

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not seem them before on this site so I thought I'd post it here.

I've found a matching replacement for the textile covered rubber hoses that are installed in the low pressure side of the power steering system, the 2 hoses from the reservoir down.
The material is oil and fuel resistant, so they should hold up well.

The diameter is I think 1 mm too small, 15 mm instead of the 16 mm ID that I measure on the old hoses.
Pressed on to the reservoir / canister however they fit nicely.

I also purchased a smaller diameter that can replace the vaccum line to the front carburetor.

I paid 45 euro for the 3 small pieces, not cheap...

Attachments

• 20211015_165832.jpg
    20211015_165832.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20211015_165910.jpg
    20211015_165910.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 103
  • 20211015_165925.jpg
    20211015_165925.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 102

Gaviao63

Reaction score
Bonjour.
Mon carrossier vient de m'indiquer que ce tuyau de dépression fait 12mm intérieur et 18mm extérieur.
J'ai trouvé ainsi de l'adaptable.
Merci à vous pour votre aide.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
In that same area, if you are after the correct wire reinforced vacuum hose to the brake booster, these guys carry the correct hose.

FYI
Looking at that site just pisses me off... Mercedes support ALL their classic models with every little nut and bolt.

BMW can't even bother to make normal wear and tear items. It's my opinion this is why there isn't more collector interest and hence higher values. BMW sure likes to drag in an grp5 CSL when they throw a big party and they talk a big game about the heritage and their iconic models but they shirk anything resembling responsibility to support their "heritage and lineage". Weak sauce in the extreme...

Sorry - it's Monday and I've had to hunt and scrounge parts from all the globe to get basic wear items and it just stinks...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking at that site just pisses me off... Mercedes support ALL their classic models with every little nut and bolt.

BMW can't even bother to make normal wear and tear items. It's my opinion this is why there isn't more collector interest and hence higher values. BMW sure likes to drag in an grp5 CSL when they throw a big party and they talk a big game about the heritage and their iconic models but they shirk anything resembling responsibility to support their "heritage and lineage". Weak sauce in the extreme...

Sorry - it's Monday and I've had to hunt and scrounge parts from all the globe to get basic wear items and it just stinks...
agree, but you forgot to mention the lip service by the BMW "Classic Department" that shows up at car events to promise said support.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
agree, but you forgot to mention the lip service by the BMW "Classic Department" that shows up at car events to promise said support.
Oh yea.. Thanks for reminding me. Whoever is running the classic department should be fired...

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like I got my wish... Classic department was shut down in 2021... No wonder. Whole Groupe was just collecting a paycheck...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Their on-line store wouldn’t accept orders from the US anyway, it’s just their on-line presence, the Classic Group still exists.

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

@tferrer I could not agree more. This is one of three major U.S. Vintage Mercedes based suppliers and these guys typically ship next day. You can shop for prices and pretty much build and entire car.

Oh, you need brake pads for your E9? I think there is a guy in Lithuania who might be able to help you -if you send him your old pads as a core.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@tferrer I could not agree more. This is one of three major U.S. Vintage Mercedes based suppliers and these guys typically ship next day. You can shop for prices and pretty much build and entire car.

Oh, you need brake pads for your E9? I think there is a guy in Lithuania who might be able to help you -if you send him your old pads as a core.
Exactly! And God forbid if you need D-jet parts....if I ever run into a BMW "Classic Dept" executive, they'll have to peal me off them... Losers