replica Alpina front airdam sold for $610

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...spagename=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123&autorefresh=true Ouch! I was hoping that it will sell in the neighborhood of about $400 and possibly contacting the seller about making more of this airdam and selling them to us in a group buy. Bidding was at $350 into the last 30 seconds, then bang, up to $600. I would possibly pay $600 for a real Alpina spoiler but not for a copy of it. Now that the seller knows that someone will pay big money for a replica Alpina part, there is no reason for him/her to sell it for a lesser amount. Well, hooray for the winner. When you got to have it, "you got to have it"

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
ersatz Alpina spoiler...

Maybe its just me, but $600, hell even $300 seems like a lot of money for a piece of resin and glass fibre. "Real" Alpina or garage fabb'd. Especially when it's down there in road-kill and speed bump territory. My Alpina knock-off on my 2002 was more in the price range of a good dinner. Thick material and a nice fit. I would love to have one for my coupe, but at a reasonable price. Yes, I know that anything remotely petroleum based has gone up in price,(but not that much..the paint will cost more than the airdam..) but there are good quality 'glas fabricators out there if one good master can be borrowed or replaced with a first run piece. I know of a good shop in MD, who has made several speaker kick panel "blisters" for 2002's, so I feel sure that there are many similar good shops around. I've always lusted over Paul Cain's airdam, but I also like the simplicity of the "Alpina". Like you, Bert, I didn't like the price precident set by this auction. Like the seller insinuated, made in a shop in Germany or a garage in LA, cottage industry is cottage industry. Once on the car and painted, nobody would ever know, nor would I care. Yes, I'd love one (or two..) Dave V. in NC

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The auction doesn't say "replica" anywhere that I could find. Are you sure its not real, or did I miss something?

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
It takes two to bid something up...so there are at least two out there "must have it!"

I want one too, but my bid was a lot less.