Replica Screwdrivers

SicilianE9

Reaction score
My car came with chewed up screwdrivers and i realised that it was easier to get a good E9 than a nice set of them.
I decided to replicate and i am still experimenting with the resins, the tint in order to get the right results.
I will repair my handles in order to cast the negative tools.
I will be updating on the process.
I am curious if anyone already tackled with the process and got any results.
Best regards

SicilianE9

Reaction score
I actually hoped that someone was already in the process...

It takes a while to get the right material mixture to get the transparency and the homogenous red tint and also trying not to loose the definition of the heyco branding in the moulds (which is not intact on mines)

And it would be great if they don' t break when falling....

I hope to have decent fakes sometimes...

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bert P was going to explore making these I think.

I am in the process for the small reversible ones. blades are ordered and as soon as they arrive, I will have the handles made. They will be exact color, shape and blade size. Once I recover some of the large cash infussion I am making, I will do the large ones. This could be anywhere from 30-90 days out.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I actually hoped that someone was already in the process...

It takes a while to get the right material mixture to get the transparency and the homogenous red tint and also trying not to loose the definition of the heyco branding in the moulds (which is not intact on mines)

And it would be great if they don' t break when falling....

I hope to have decent fakes sometimes...

The Heyco branding is only on the large screw drivers and is not cast into the handle. Not to steal a thread, but I do have one comp;ete tool kit in mint condition in a post 74 case which is the same as an early e24. I also have the three Allen wrenches I will include but those are a touch on the nasty side. I can clad them in silver and they will look mint.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bert,

originally it WAS cast into the handle - see the screwdrivers on the right. the ones on the left are the ones i got from you, which are e24 / e28 + possibly later e9 / e3. all are heyco. the newer smaller screwdriver doesn't say heyco at all.

as execmalibu has posted on this forum from his vast collection - there are all kinds of red heyco screwdrivers labels on the handles.

Attachments

• heyco - screwdrivers.jpg
    heyco - screwdrivers.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 174

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Scott, I will stand corrected, as I have never seen a small handle with Heyco on/in it .My small handles will be blank and the large ones will have the proper Heyco and numbers on it. Having the tooling with Heyco included for the small guys, is cost prohibitive. I may consider stamping "made in west germany" on them, but Peter Slicovitch, who has given me much advice, has told me not to bother.The small will be a replica of the very early hndles with the spring clips in the handles to retain the blades.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but perhaps one day someone can offer an electric window gearbox rebuilding service, swapping out the plastic gear with a metal one.

SicilianE9

Reaction score
I am in the process for the small reversible ones. blades are ordered and as soon as they arrive, I will have the handles made. They will be exact color, shape and blade size. Once I recover some of the large cash infussion I am making, I will do the large ones. This could be anywhere from 30-90 days out.

It looks like i do not need to carry on!
I would only proceed if there was no other way out!
I am interested in a set. I suppose you already have a waiting list.

Best regards

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks like i do not need to carry on!
I would only proceed if there was no other way out!
I am interested in a set. I suppose you already have a waiting list.Best regards

No waiting list and no need for one. I had to order so many to meet minimum, I will be buried with a casket full.

Stefan

Reaction score
Great! Your name will be remembered in the E9 history as the one that stopped the screwdriver speculation! LOL

Best regards and thanks for saving me a task!

+1
Let's focus on the car instead!

Last edited: