Reproduction black CSL headliner now available

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been working on getting this made for the better part of a year. I went down a lot of blind alleys!

I finally found someone who could make it, in the USA.

The well meaning PO of my CSL replaced the headliner with shiny new, but incorrect material. The old headliner was passable, but very brittle. Perhaps it tore more than he liked when he stripped the car for painting. He saved it anyway, and it came with the car when I bought it.

Doug at SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon took a piece of my old headliner and duplicated it. The result looks great.

You can find them online at smsautofabrics.com. Enough material for one car is around 300 dollars.

I have zero financial interest in any of this. I just wanted to get some made for my car in order to make it concours correct (but I still have along way to go!), and I did achieve that end. Just passing on the info to enthusiasts who have been looking for the same material. It is black and the correct pattern. Also, if you want to build a car with an all black interior, this would be a nice place to start.

I believe the same pattern was used on the 2000CS, but with white material, so if one is looking for that headliner, perhaps Doug could make you some.

Scott

Back