Reproduction Red handled screw drivers Available

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally have the red handled screw driver reproductions available, price is $99 for the pair plus $10 to ship in the US. They do not say Heyco, the large one says chr van (for chrome vanadium) and the small one made in w. Germany but that's all. The large blade is highly polished and chrome plated (expensive, believe me), the small one has the factory finish which is not quite as brite. These are accurate reproductions and in fact I don't think I have seen a small handled driver with the Heyco name and about half of the large ones that have passed thru my fingers have not said Heyco either.

Those of you who have said they wanted to buy them when available about half have responded so at this time I have several for sale. The thing is, there is a very good chance I will not be doing another run of these parts. Price too high, margin too low so if you want them I highly recommend making a move to buy them soon.

Email me at [email protected] if interested.

I DON'T DO PMS, SO PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] IF INTERESTED. I AM NEARLY OUT OF THEM SO I CAN NO LONGER GUARANTEE I CAN SUPPLY. ENOUGH INQUIRIES AND I MAY MAKE MORE BUT IT WOULD TAKE QUITE A FEW MORE SO DO SEND AN INQUIRY IF SERIOUS.

Attachments

• red drivers 008.jpg
    red drivers 008.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 228
  • red drivers 015.jpg
    red drivers 015.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
They look great.

If somebody wants to buy a pair and break them up, I would buy the small one. (A group buy of sorts). Else I am interested in buying the set and I will sell the large one later.

Thanks!

Dan,

they look great ... look forward to getting my pair.
thanks for doing this

scott

Repro Red Screwdrivers

CoupeGuy,

I'll take a set if you have enough.

Regards, Jon

Finally have the red handled screw driver reproductions available, price is $99 for the pair plus $10 to ship in the US. They do not say Heyco, the large one says chr van (for chrome vanadium) and the small one made in w. Germany but that's all. The large blade is highly polished and chrome plated (expensive, believe me), the small one has the factory finish which is not quite as brite. These are accurate reproductions and in fact I don't think I have seen a small handled driver with the Heyco name and about half of the large ones that have passed thru my fingers have not said Heyco either.

Those of you who have said they wanted to buy them when available about half have responded so at this time I have several for sale. The thing is, there is a very good chance I will not be doing another run of these parts. Price too high, margin too low so if you want them I highly recommend making a move to buy them soon.

Email me at [email protected] if interested.
I'm interested .
Please pm me
Thanks

Larry

guys,

my recommendation is to email Coupeguy ... as per his post. i know he checks email more frequently.

Thanks for making them a little different. we would not like people taking advantage of others and selling them in Ebay as originals.

Attachments

• small and large.jpg
    small and large.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 178
Please email me at [email protected] those of you who have not done so. I don't do PMs, I need your email addresses to either send paypal money requests or arrange for other forms of payment. I am just about out of them so if you have not sent a request yet by email it may be too late. If I get enough inquiries I may make more but no guarantees, it would have to be quite a few more.

Return or Keep

Received mine in the mail yesterday, with a defect. the blade is misaligned in the handle, Dan has offered me a full refund including shipping, (I've done business with Dan before and he's a straight up guy), If I exchange them he has offered no guarantee that the next pair would be defect free, (I like his honesty). And if I did get a refund I'm sure someone would eventually buy this pair from him.

After thinking about it, I'm on the fence do I return it or keep it?

I Know, they will still look good in the tool kit and will never, ever, turn a screw and I will probably never see another reproduction again, or a reasonably priced original any time soon.

What do you guys think Keep or Return?

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited:
got mine yesterday. They look great and I now have a complete tool kit except for the valve eccentric adjuster. Thanks Dan for doing this.

Not to steal a thread, but I still have them. $10 for adjuster and $40 for the cloth or both for $45 all prices include mailing

Received mine in the mail yesterday, with a defect. the blade is misaligned in the handle, (Picture attached). Dan has offered me a full refund including shipping, (I've done business with Dan before and he's a straight up guy), If I exchange them he has offered no guarantee that the next pair would be defect free, (I like his honesty). And if I did get a refund I'm sure someone would eventually buy this pair from him.

I Know, they will still look good in the tool kit and will never, ever, turn a screw and I will probably never see another reproduction again, or a reasonably priced original any time soon.

Thanks

Jeff

These are not injection molded parts like the originals, they are cast polyurethane and frankly I am surprised at how well they turned out even with one out of twenty slightly off center. Very labor intensive so the process is far from inexpensive. I don't make them myself of course but the fellow who does has my admiration at this craftsmanship, he made the molds and cast the parts by himself, a one man operation. Glad to hear those of you who have chosen to post are happy with the parts. I may do another run of twenty but then that's it so if anyone else wants to order some I suggest emailing me at [email protected] to reserve yours.

Last edited:
Received mine in the mail yesterday, with a defect. the blade is misaligned in the handle, (Picture attached). Dan has offered me a full refund including shipping, (I've done business with Dan before and he's a straight up guy), If I exchange them he has offered no guarantee that the next pair would be defect free, (I like his honesty). And if I did get a refund I'm sure someone would eventually buy this pair from him.

Thanks

Jeff

Keep it. It looks great and as you said, you will never turn a screw with it.
Making a reproduction of anything is a very difficult and time consuming endeavor. Also knowing how many to make is a challenge. If Dan made another run, he could well have several left over that might never be sold. (anyone want to buy a steering wheel prism ;) )

Back