Restoration of interior

psychrunner

Reaction score
I am having my e9 interior restored. Wondering re: best place (in U.S.) to acquire seat/carpet kits. I have checked links and have emailed Seams Perfect re: carpet, but don't think they have the seat kits. Also, what about the door panels? Any suggestions?
Thanks

i just bought a seat kit for my merc from world upholstery. i am very happy with it. i got their full catalogue and noticed that that they do e9 seat kits. can't recall if there were door trims and i'm traveling so cannot check.

From what I understand, Seams Perfect generally does quality work. No quality problem with the mats they did for me.

One caveat, however, is time frame. They took 4 times the promised period to deliver the mats.

As to interiors, one other fellow I know has been waiting well over a year for delivery of a complete interior.

The pieces he has received oare of superior workmanship
....but if you're concerned about a particular timeframe, this may be a factor to consider.

Seconded, great quality, but give him lots and lots of time. I ordered my carpet in Novenmber and got it last week.

For leather work, having a local do the seats and door panel/kicks came out to much less expensive for me.
I traveled to San Diego, due to local prices (locals wanted $5-6K), to have mine done. Plus I wanted mine done to my design spec's.
Cost was much less than Gahh or World upholstery. The $3k for just the seats was more than I paid for my entire interior. And you will still have to pay someone to install them, and do the door panels, and kicks.
I personally don't think that Gahh or WU is the way to go.
Can't remark as to quality.
Psychrunner, don't know where you are located from lacking info on your sign in.
Seams perfect carpet sets are reasonable cost and done well. Mine were not long in coming as previously reported.
steve in reno

Back