Restoration Update (Interior)

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here are some interior shots showing the sprayed on acoustic sound dampening (Lizard Skin), the wood dash/wiring, the firewall heat insulation and the rear seat battery setup.

Attachments

• FloorInsulation.jpg
    FloorInsulation.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 462
  • InteriorFireWall.jpg
    InteriorFireWall.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 425
  • RearBattery.jpg
    RearBattery.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 424
  • FireWallInsulation.jpg
    FireWallInsulation.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 408
  • WoodDash.jpg
    WoodDash.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 425

rb1971

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm maybe a few weeks ahead of you, and we went a slightly different way on sound deadening, but your setup looks very clean.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Lizard Skin

Sven;

I used a similar product to Lizard Skin on the roof and the back half of the cabin as the renovations allowed. I'll be interested in hearing you impressions on performance having sprayed the whole thing all at once. Looks much neater than me brush job.

Lizard skin has a heat reflecting product as well that I assume would be sprayed on the underside before or in addition to the chip guard/undercoat. Are you using it?

Great looking car.

Doug

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Doug,

I did not spray the roof. I have a sunroof which already has a formed board and insulation on that - plus there are quite a lot of parts up there. I used the ceramic insulation over the tunnel area inside and underneath, and on the front lower section of the firewall (the area behind the reflective insulation). The floor will also have a 1/2" layer of the Dynaliner. I sprayed the inside of the doors area as well and may add a layer of the Dynamat extreme stuff.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Under coating

Very thorough - eventually you'll butt up against all the noise from the weather striping and glass but I think you've gone as far as possible with the sound control. I removed the sunroof and painted three coats on and have been impressed with how dead the roof sounds when I tap on it.

Doug

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Lizard Skin sound control

Sven:

My 2 gal of sound control and the spray kit have arrived and I'm almost ready to do the interior. Any advice beyond the instructions on the label on mixing or spraying? I have a ton of masking to do as the dash is still in as is the fuse block and main wiring loom. Pedals, steering console, heater/console and glove box are out.

Doug

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It goes on fairly easy. Mask everything well. I would avoid spraying any tabs, mounting brackets etc. This stuff goes on thick and could affect tolerances for clips and other items mounted to the car (eg, where the glove box hinge mounts to the footwell or where the seat brackets attach, etc). It will cover any screw holes - so if you want to be able to find them, then tape those off as well. Plug the seat belt harness bolt holes in the floor and the holes for the plastic plugs in the side of the inner rocker. The high bosses on the parcel shelf should not be sprayed as the plastic clips will not work through the extra thickness.

happy spraying...