Ribs type intake manifold for 3.5 FI conversion: what are the parts needed?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As I am gathering the parts for an upcoming conversion, I may have a line on an intake manifold from a wrecked late '70s 7 series.

Are there different versions of those D-Jet type manifolds? And which are the "correct" parts I would need besides the 6 C pipes, the plenum, the throttle body, the fuel rail and injectors?

What is the going rate on a setup like that? I looked in the Parts section but did not see any recently.

I'm definitely curious about this as well. There are a few for sale as of late. I have a local buyer interested in mine but I want to offer a fair price. I've heard a number thrown around, but I haven't researched sales to back it up.

As I am gathering the parts for an upcoming conversion, I may have a line on an intake manifold from a wrecked late '70s 7 series.

Are there different versions of those D-Jet type manifolds?
wasn't the 7 series L-jet?

Seems like I paid $200 for the C pipes, manifold, and TPS. I think that ws more than a year ago

Do I recall correctly that there was something discussed on some Forum about using 6 pipes from a certain model of 2002 to get better performance??

IF so, you might want to pursue that for the engine you are using.

You need....
Plenum
C-tubes
Stub manifolds
Fuel rail
NEW injectors
New FPR
Hardware for injectors 12 pieces
Bolts for injectors 12 pieces
Throtle body
Bell crank
Throttle linkage
3 sets of gaskets
1 throttle body gasket
2 sets of rubber seals small and large
Vacuum caps
Fuel line
Injection hose clamps
Plenum braces
New TPS
Valve cover breather hose
42 Japanese industrial nuts (JIS) 8mm
42 wavy washers 8mm

Excellent info! Thank you Don!

You need....
Plenum
C-tubes
Stub manifolds
Fuel rail
NEW injectors
New FPR
Hardware for injectors 12 pieces
Bolts for injectors 12 pieces
Throtle body
Bell crank
Throttle linkage
3 sets of gaskets
1 throttle body gasket
2 sets of rubber seals small and large
Vacuum caps
Fuel line
Injection hose clamps
Plenum braces
New TPS
Valve cover breather hose
42 Japanese industrial nuts (JIS) 8mm
42 wavy washers 8mm

Resurrecting this thread.

To use the B35 harness but using the E12/L-jET injectors, you just need to change out the clips so the harness adapts to the older injector type?

Or is there an injector out there to can be used w/the B35 Harness clips and older L-Jet fuel rail? VW Vanagon injectors maybe???

Back