Rich idlling Webers

Brian

Reaction score
Carbs are still running rich(32/36). I followed the setup instructions, but to no avail,still rich.Is the float level to blame? Spoke to Redline guy,who is very surly, and didnt quite follow what he was saying about the float level. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Brian

Honolulu

Reaction score
rich weber idle

hope you read my jet summary a little bit ago.

The level of fuel in the float bowl will affect idle mix. As I recall, a Zenith carb rebuild kit has two gaskets or spacers for the float needle valve. For your weber, 1) find out how high the fuel level is at idle 2) tweak the needle vlave to get the float levels right 3) I don't know the recommended fuel depth in the float bowl 4) excessive fuel pressure must be avoided if you are to address this problem.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Float Levels

Don't know if you have this. From Redline site.

wegerf.gif

salatrix

Reaction score
Re: carbs running rich...

FYI--My carbs were running super rich once they hit temperature (the car ran OK when it was cold). I couldn't fix it so I took them to a friend here in La Jolla Ca who fixed it by resetting everything (valves, timing, carbs) and replacing all the gaskets and plugs. Runs like a champ now.

Malc

Reaction score
Webers are extremely sensitive to float levels and air leaks :(
THey are great but need to be set up very carefully, have you tried contacting Weber direct? Last Time I did they were very helpful
Good luck
Malc

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is a long shot, but check your plugs to see if your rich running is isolated to just one of the carbs. According to the PO, the rear weber on my E3 ran rich since it was installed. Turned out that the factory drove the lead shot for the power valve too far into the carb cover, blocking vacuum to the power valve diaphragm. I drove a new shot to the proper depth, now the engine runs fine (other than needing a complete rebuild.)
P8150006.jpg