Right hand drive brakes

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need help, I am in the process of installing the twin boosters on my CSL, I purchased the car in boxes and have no idea how to plumb the brake lines in the engine compartment,online there are diagrams for LHD but I cannot find anything for RHD, any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

The parts manual shows which pipe goes where, however if you pm me I can take some pictures of the routing of the pipes from the servos from my car

If it would help, your welcome to come and have a look at the set up in my car, I'm in Avalon on the Northern Beaches.
Pm me.

Cheers
John

Thank you Gentleman for your response ,I have looked at a car and taken photos ,unfortunatly its quite cluttered in there with the engine in ,but thanks for your offer John, Good suggestion with the parts manual ,W+N manual only show LHD but I will keep looking , a piping layout diagram is what I need or Photos with the engine removed, I counted 14 brake lines in my part boxes that have been up for the front end braking system,including the 4 flex lines from the wheels but not including the line coming from the rear ?. Marc I hope that you have some shots with the engine out . Thanks again.

I think that 14 brake pipes is correct, plus one clutch pipe.
If you are still stuck I think I have a list that shows what each does and it's length.
I am away at the moment so can't check.
C

Burky,

We are completing a full resto in Mona Vale and are in exactly the same place (but with missing brake booster brackets and other small items) so have just purchased a complete wreckers yard 3.0S as a donor/template.
Happy for you to inspect and would be pleased to see Marc's photo collection too.

Very best

David (Sydney)

there are loads - fill your boots
tzuKqts.jpg
GTBghGj.jpg
CmsNQW1.jpg
ecJVzY0.jpg
MqGnGsP.jpg
kGegcuB.jpg
xMajJ0j.jpg

I did not use standard servo's but it was quite straightforward.

One line each from master cylinder to each servo. Then one two splitter on one servo and a three splitted on the other. Two lines each to the front calipers and one to the rear balance adjuster. I used the attached drawings from Real OEM. One shows the RHD servo's - the other for the rear only shows the LHD so the rear had to come from one of the two front servo's.Not tested yet though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 11.32.04.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 11.32.04.png
    236 KB · Views: 288
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 11.31.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 11.31.00.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 272
I did not use standard servo's but it was quite straightforward.

One line each from master cylinder to each servo. Then one two splitter on one servo and a three splitted on the other. Two lines each to the front calipers and one to the rear balance adjuster. I used the attached drawings from Real OEM. One shows the RHD servo's - the other for the rear only shows the LHD so the rear had to come from one of the two front servo's.Not tested yet though.

Back