Rockminster's coupe

del1ta

Reaction score
I bought his restored coupe from San Francisco sports cars a couple months ago. Great car but not correctly advertised. Stated it had upgraded A/C installed but when tried to use it, no A/C. There are no connections to condenser and after taking it to shop, $2000 minimum to fix and replace. Emailed owner several times with no response.
A little disappointed in his professionalism.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Was it Rockminister or San Francisco Sports Cars who did the false advertising? Unclear who you emailed. Were they selling it for him? Even then, who did the advertising? Who's reputation is on the line here? Any other "corrections" that should have been advertised?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Strongly suggest everyone utilize PPI's performed

by competent professionals. Simple things like compression/leakdown tests, rust inspections, etc. could potentially save you $$ or help you avoid a bad deal.

I know E9's are hot now, and nobody want's to hang around waiting for a PPI before pulling the trigger. But ... a reputable dealer will agree to a PPI contingency clause on a sales contract, and then give you a reasonable window within which to get the PPI and PPI review completed. So, if you think you've found "the one," get a sales contract signed with a PPI contingency and then get your inspection done.

I learned this the hard way when a reasonably good buy went bye bye because I didn't want to sign the contract.

John