Rode the Quickest vehicle of all time

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Production vehicle that is.

A friend of mine has owned a 1984 Kawasaki Ninja 900 since new. This year he decided it was time for a replacement. Being a biker for 45 years that has raced and emerged unscathed he decided to go all out. He bought the quickest vehicle ever sold, A Kawasaki
ZX-14R. 190 HP at the back wheel. 0-60 in supposedly the 2.5 second range. Top speed governed to 300KMH/Hr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uld4aDpzszw

My friend wanted to take some shots of the two bikes together before he puts the 900 up for sale, so he enlisted me to go for a ride . I have always liked riding the Ninja 900. Pretty good bike even by today's standards. The ZX-14 was very easy to get comfortable on. It was very smooth . 1st gear is very long. You might only use two gears around town. For my skill level, riding it was like shooting ducks with a 16 inch gun though. . It makes no difference what gear you are in. It pulls from idle instantly. The funny thing is that riding it slowly is quite easy and it has extremely smooth engine manners. How they can get an engine to perform this way is beyond me. Anyway, all I know is if I was to twist my wrist, my vision would cease to function and it would be very similar to what happens on Star Trek when they hit Warp drive.
One day I will buy another bike, but it won't be a ZX-14R. Still glad they exist and I have my fingers crossed for the safety of all owners.

Here are some shots of the two Beasts.

My Friend Richard at the wheel

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back in the 80's i rode a new Nija on the beach road outside of Pensacola, FL. I remember cruising along helmetless and then looked down at the speedometer and saw I was going 90 in a 35. Suddenly felt very exposed. Never wanted to get on a motorcycle since (and haven't), but can appreciate the thrill it gives you.

Polariscsl

Reaction score
I'm into bikes too - gratuitous photos of mine!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375979415.567206.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375979438.036124.jpg

Recently been riding this on loan - awesome bit of kit:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375979525.352876.jpg

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Thanks - the last one is indeed the latest s1000rr. It is a great bike, it makes any bike seem slow in comparison - on track it is epic. I'm no where near good enough to get the best out it though!

Love motocross bikes - I used to race 100's and 125's back in the day.