Roof and rear deck repair guesstimates

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering a CSi that has a lot going for it along the lines of what I'm looking for. It would require small rust bubbles repaired on the trunklid and a bubble near the sunroof. Now, just to save the bandwidth, trust me when I say that there is no other rust anywhere; it was recently restored and these areas were missed.

To properly correct the roof rust bubble and repaint the roof would require both front and rear glass to be taken out and the headliner as well. The rear deck is more straightforward but will require some real work as well. The car is in Germany and I have the opportunity to have a proven (coupe) shop do these repairs.

Understanding this is all very high level, has anyone had a similar set of repairs done and have a ballpark figure of the costs?

Thanks in advance!

Dirk

Reaction score
Luis, there are just too many variables to give a sensible answer to your question. I would suggest to get an estimate from this "proven coupe shop" and if it is reasonable, just go for it. If not, get a second estimate. Not sure though why you would need a coupe shop for body- and paint-work. My other suggestion is to not make a decision solely on cost when shopping for body- and paint-work. Go for quality.

As a reference only, when I had my tundra 2002 voll-cabrio painted in Europe, I paid 50 euros per hour for the "Meister" and 30 euros per hour for the helper, excl. taxes.

I am a little surprised when you say that the car was recently restored but that some items were missed. Those are the ones that you can actually see that were missed. Hopefully there aren't any hidden missers.