Rotisserie - where to attach

revitoff1o

Reaction score
Hello, I picked up a 74 csi this summer and am starting the restoration this winter. I'm going to order a rotisserie and was wonder the best place to attach. The sub frame mounts in the front? What about the rear? If you used the subframe mounts in the rear, did you build brackets to tie everything together?

Thanks - any help is appreciated.

Veronica

e9coupe

Reaction score
On my cars I made a mount that was placed under the body and bolted where the subframes bolt in. It was alot of custom work to fabricate the brackets. Put bracing in between the front and rear to ensure the body does not shift,very very important if there is alot of rocker/floorpan rust.

paul corcoran

Reaction score
i have a rotisserie arriving on tuesday here in the uk but i think they all differ a bit, ill let you know how my one fits....

revitoff1o

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! My car fortunately has almost no rust. So no replacing any floor pans all. I'll keep this post updated as I get the rotisserie and get the car on it. But with work, I'm about a month off.

I was planning on buying the lift from Direct lift. There is a local distributer by me and I have a basket case '73 2002 to restore after my e9.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Veronica

e9coupe

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! My car fortunately has almost no rust. So no replacing any floor pans all. I'll keep this post updated as I get the rotisserie and get the car on it. But with work, I'm about a month off.

I was planning on buying the lift from Direct lift. There is a local distributer by me and I have a basket case '73 2002 to restore after my e9.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Veronica

Post some pics guy

revitoff1o

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the new to me rotisserie (thanks E911). I will update this post with the Rotisserie info and will start a new build thread for the car itself.

More to come.

Attachments

• rotisserie (2).jpg
    rotisserie (2).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 161