Rust Free 3.0 CS Shell For Sale

Glaive

Reaction score
I know what you're thinking. How many times have you seen a coupe or shell listed for sale as "rust free" only to discover a bulkhead resembling the hull of the Lusitania. I've come across more than a few and as a result am extremely leery of describing any E9 as such. That said I am offering as close to a rust free coupe shell as you're likely to find. The shell is a 73 and was, from what I can tell, originally Verona Red. I had halfheartedly listed it for sale on the forum about two years ago but never really pushed the issue.

Since that time the car has been baked completely clean and coated in epoxy powder primer. Prior to this it had been fully seam welded, as per Coupe King recommendations, and reinforced with a small tube frame beneath the rear seats/sub frame mounts. While there is presently no rust there are a few places, mainly near the floor plugs, where rust had previously done some slight damage. I had planned to weld and grind these spots as well as install freshly stamped OEM replica plugs. However, I'd like to see if there is any interest in purchasing the shell as is.

Not pictured but also included are the doors, trunk and hood as well as powder coated front and rear sub frames and components. There are a few spots on the body indicating prior damage, namely the rear driver's side quarter and the front driver's side fender, but these are in no way substantial and very easily repaired.

If you'd like to get any further information just pm me and I'll do my best to respond in short order. As for asking price, I've invested a good bit more than I plan to get out so it's likely negotiable but I will say that around $11K has been invested to this point.

I also have a Metric Mechanic sideloader LSD and a full Getrag 265 5 speed conversion kit if you'd like to discuss a package deal. I'm located in Greensboro, NC for those that might want to inspect it first-hand. Thanks for reading and let me know if you're interested.

Shellpics043.jpg

Shellpics002.jpg

Shellpics003.jpg

Shellpics004.jpg

Shellpics005.jpg

Shellpics006.jpg

Shellpics007.jpg

Shellpics009.jpg

Shellpics010.jpg

Shellpics011.jpg

Shellpics013.jpg

Shellpics015.jpg

Shellpics016.jpg

Shellpics017.jpg

Shellpics018.jpg

Shellpics019.jpg

Shellpics020.jpg

Shellpics021.jpg

Shellpics022.jpg

Shellpics023.jpg

Shellpics024.jpg

Shellpics025.jpg

Shellpics031.jpg

Shellpics033.jpg

Shellpics034.jpg

Shellpics036.jpg

Shellpics038.jpg

Shellpics039.jpg

Shellpics040.jpg

Shellpics041.jpg

Shellpics042.jpg

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
There might be some interest on this board perhaps if you disclosed your location?
He's in North Carolina as stated end of his descriptive.

I might be willing to buy it (color sprayed Verona) for your asking price IF:
...You are associated with Tony Mann at MannMotorsports in Greensboro, NC?
There is a proper VIN associated with this shell's chassis or better question is:

btw: just where IS the Chassis?

P4300130_small.jpg

PM me.

Ran

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Seller notes that in his descriptive... sometimes one gets so far into a project like this it's difficult to see it finished and also realize, "Yikes, I can't afford this finish this car!"

Cheers Stan!

Bertocchi

Reaction score
whats up with photo 11, looks like the driver's side front damage is not fully repaired in that pic??

Sometimes you uncover the unexpected when you strip a car to bare metal. Hopefully it is not filled with brass brazing rod? :)

Bella

Reaction score
Nice Coupe shell
Is your Bavaria in the background for sale?
Thanks
Dan

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did this shell ever get sold?

Looking for the;
VIN
Model
Model year
To register. Also would be interested in any other CS parts cars

Reaction score
Is this still for sale? Any more details? VIN so it can be registered, etc.?