S38 powered '75 BMW 530..

Awesome e12. Built by Rey Rivera. Sold on BaT a couple of years ago for $75K. Still can’t built it for that money.

It's not a late model Camry or something. The BaT buyer would have gone in with his/hers eyes wide open.
The eBay price is $10k less than the BaT price of before... Makes you wonder what is up with the car...

Talk about temptation. Wanted to build similar, but a hurricane ended my plans. Still have the new hood, nose panel, grilles, euro fenders and motorsport "eggcrate" front bumper/spoiler... Tree wiped out the front end, broke distributor off even, but it was the watertight integrity of the rust free passenger compartment that ultimately caused its being declared a total loss. Ok, there was something about the roof and pillars, too. Totally missed the darn Caddy:(
1724765110126.png

It's not a late model Camry or something. The BaT buyer would have gone in with his/hers eyes wide open.
The eBay price is $10k less than the BaT price of before... Makes you wonder what is up with the car...
Nothing should be "up with the car." I was there during this build and it is as solid as it gets as long as the new owner didn't screw anything up. I think it is just the market. Kind of surprised to see it on EBAY.

Talk about temptation. Wanted to build similar, but a hurricane ended my plans. Still have the new hood, nose panel, grilles, euro fenders and motorsport "eggcrate" front bumper/spoiler... Tree wiped out the front end, broke distributor off even, but it was the watertight integrity of the rust free passenger compartment that ultimately caused its being declared a total loss. Ok, there was something about the roof and pillars, too. Totally missed the darn Caddy:(
View attachment 188302
:oops:

That's an interesting way to get a speed sensor pickup off the diff, not sure how weather-ready it would be. It is Cali I suppose, so mud/dirt/snow should be fairly minimal. I'm not sure how Motronic 1.2 would respond to a loss of speed signal while you're driving.

Does it care about road speed? Neighbor across street installed an underseat toggle switch in the wire from diff to dash. Speedo and Odometer would selectively operate.
Yes it was a lease car with "over-mileage" charges. He moved away... or maybe was moved elsewhere?

Back