cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This was once someone's pride and joy.
Radio salvageable... maybe?

boonies

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love the description: "A very straight body. There is a lot of rust as you can see in the pictures." Later they note the engine is froze and repeat the "very straight body" comment.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Found in field buried up to the axles, hauled to the shop, blasted with a fire hose and put up for sale. I guess that's still better than leaving it in the field. Maybe.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a converted (long ago) gray market car, probably Italy. Loaded with options if it was. Don't let the siren song of the flashy red paint cause a hasty buying decision. Hire an expert to find rust that you might not see.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Italian indicators, holes drilled on the back panel mimicking the size of the earlier italian plate, front plate holder looks funny, too, required european first aid kit in the trunk, halogen bulb in the tool kit, etc. made me wonder about what the car is. Leather, A/C, power everything, vin number on the steering column, conformity sticker on the driver's door but didn't have the vin number punched made it interesting which is more fun than just picking on it. Still think this car spent time in Italy

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone actually buy cars on ebay anymore? Seems like a bunch of classified ads with no buyers. That Coupe is less than a parts car at this point in my book.
right there with you Andrew. most of the cars i have seen couldn't get listed on BaT ... and a bunch of hopeful basket cases.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm sorry - but when I read the title to this thread.... I keep thinking of the song "My Sharona"....

Now you can't get that out of your head either.

You're welcome. LOL

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
...on the odometer. As Chris says, its a late 73 US spec, that must have had the speedometer changed at some point in its very sad life. Verona and white...had to be a looker back in the mid-seventies; I've not seen one in that combo.

gwittman

Reaction score
In one dimension it is better than advertised, shows 88.000 km, not miles.
I wonder what the unseen digit is in front of the 88,000 km is.

I hate to say this, but the leather seats appear to be in better condition than mine. It looks like they have been redone at one time because the color doesn't match the leather on the cross bar for the head rests. It makes no difference anyway; I can't imagine anyone restoring that car. There may be a few things in it salvageable.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, surprised it survived the lift. At least the rockers are easy to examine - no scope required. I can't imagine the reserve is much further than the current bid. At least I'd hope not.