Schrick Cams

remember the cams are different for motronic fuel injection than for std. distributor.

Yes, the cams they claim to have are not the correct cams for my car. :(

IMG_0063.JPG
Where there's a will there's a way...

not long ago I bought one from WN, they are currently 419.31 + shipping
And they might have the 20E coupon

Hey mark99 -- thanks for the info. Doesn't that price include VAT, and did you pay the VAT?

that is the price with no VAT, no VAT if you live in the US
If you have not noticed, there is a button or drop down at the top to show price in dollars, and then it shows each price with and without VAT
The 20E off coupon is still good for another day or 2

There are no schrick cams for us at Turner.
Nice folks but they are only taking orders.

Schneider cams in San Diego can make you cams. I had them regrind mine for $125 and a few $$ extra for oversized eccentrics. I went to a 284, but I have the engine built to run it. IIRC, Jerry at Schneider said, I think, he does Frank Fahey's cams. Their stickers have a large iron cross on them so maybe that will ring a bell. Very quick turn around time as well. I believe he can grind a totally new one to your specs

Scott are you sure the cams are different?/ I think, again think, the difference is the distributer drive which is a separate piece on the nose of the cam that can be changed, at least according to what realoem shows in the E24 pre 82 cars. My car is an 81 euro built in May of 81 which was the first month and year of Motronic, and last year of the M90 so the realoem section shows views of different parts for the car. Again, think is the key word. There are also 2 different rotor drives for the front mounted dizzys and they are easily changed. The reason being one is for a slip on rotor and the other for a bolt on. My cam was broken in 1/2 by Fedex during shipping, if you can believe that, and I bought a cam from a mid eighties car and it went in fine.

Broken in 1/2 in shipping? wow!

Johnnie's Machine in Seattle WA used to make BMW performance cams, not sure it they still do
I know a couple people that had them (my 2002 with 45 DCOE's) and worked great

Johnnie's Machine in Seattle WA used to make BMW performance cams, not sure it they still do
I know a couple people that had them (my 2002 with 45 DCOE's) and worked great

This is good to know. This is what Loren had to say about my (his) 2800 CS. I really need to pop the inspection cover off my head to investigate. I would guess that the 272 was reworked.

I had the engine machine work done by Jonnie's Machine shop in downtown Seattle. He did good work. I did purchase a new head for it in 81' after I found a couple of cracks, and a bit hotter cam. Can't remember the specs. He curved the distributor to match. The block is the original. Crank was turned too.

Scott are you sure the cams are different?/ I think, again think, the difference is the distributer drive which is a separate piece on the nose of the cam that can be changed, at least according to what realoem shows in the E24 pre 82 cars. My car is an 81 euro built in May of 81 which was the first month and year of Motronic, and last year of the M90 so the realoem section shows views of different parts for the car. Again, think is the key word. There are also 2 different rotor drives for the front mounted dizzys and they are easily changed.
i have no first hand knowledge of this ... i am only repeating the sage comments of our favorite coupe mechanical magician ... SFDon ... who knows a thing or two about a thing or two ... especially different BMW engine specifics

12792.jpeg
there are no motronic Schrick cams with laser cuts available.
Turner has none.
Vac had exactly one broken cam Not for sale.
Anybody wants Vac's?

There were issues with some of his last cams.
I really have to say he had a great talent

Last edited:
Back