Sean Connery’s CSL for sale

jmackro

Reaction score
The lack of photos of the car as it sits is possibly quite telling.

Well, this picture appears on the site (see link in Michael Kaye's post).
11369682.jpg

The description includes this passage: "The car is now dismantled to a rolling shell and work has started. A superb range of body repair panels, trim, mechanical and electrical parts are readily available for these cars...."

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If there is proper documentation of the provenance, including photos and videos of Connery with the car, I can see justification for the premium. The cost of the restoration becomes secondary to the cachet to the right people.

How many millions did Steve McQueen's Jag sell for?

Rek

Reaction score
I'm sure this exquisitely nuanced evaluation is based on sound professional inspection by yourself. We can't wait for your detailed report.

I would say that for the price quoted, and the photo's provided, it's probably a quite fair appraisal by Aerch. By the looks of the sills it doesn't look like it has been restored and needs the metal which is supplied but not fitted. I also have a deep suspicion of overly long ads that talk little about the car but more on the provenance. Presuming that a restoration by the expert mentioned will cost North of £60k it does put quite a premium on this car for someone who is still alive. I am surprised that the seller did not wait until his Mr Connery's passing, ride the wave of publicity and then advertise is for £200k.

I am not in any way wishing for the demise of the great actor who I happen to think is the one and only James Bond.

Rek

Reaction score
A superb range of body repair panels, trim, mechanical and electrical parts are readily available for these cars...."

OK yeah, but where are you going to source the machine guns, bullet proof boot/trunk and the ejector seat? Not the mention the radar car stereo - they are very rare. The gas and oil coming out of the back to foil pursuers will be considerably easier though.

shanon

Reaction score
Let us know if 007 wants his original air dam back.....( Some well known Alpina gurus identified it as actually a Schnitzer piece..they are formed aluminum).

- S.P.E.C.T.R.E.