Several Coupes (CS & CSL) to be auctioned by IRS

soxrus

Reaction score
Hello All,
To those I haven’t spoken with ,,, I’ll look forward to catching up

To those I had the chance to meet in person … thanks for all your support, help and genuine kindness

I’m sorry for not visiting the site since this whole event started but it wasn’t in my best interest or any in the community !?

I have not read all the threads yet but will eventually

But let me clarify 2 things that I have read …

1). NONE OF THESE CARS WERE EVER SEIZED (or anything else almost auctioned) … NONE !!

2). Nothing in this building was kept from me for 2 years … I was preparing the building in November for a new tenant effective Jan 1, 2023

Some people like to say and post things they know nothing about … I will be correcting the record in the coming days.

For those that knew/know my wife and I know how much I loved her for almost 41 years of marriage (44 + years total)

I would have gladly given everything in the building (and the one next door ;-) for a few hours with my lovely “Kathy”

More Later

Be Safe, Jimmy

soxrus

Reaction score
To clarify …

2275 123 was NOT in the Auction … never was in that building during any of this.
Someone ran a Personalized Auburn Tag from 2010 which was last registered to 2275 123. This was my first CSL and sold to a gentleman from Cincinnati.

2275 011 (White CSL without stainless wheel arc’s)
First ever owner was BMW Motorsport … very Historic CSL with probably the most important livery of any street CSL !!
Stuck Jr. and most other race drivers of the period drove it at some point. Should be Golf Yellow. It Was the staff CSL and usually traveled with the race CSL’s to each race around Europe.

2275 302 (Silver CSL with no spoilers) One owner and THE ONLY CSL to ever be sold new in the US. I have the original 1972 title in the original owners name issued in West Virginia in 1972. Very original (one repaint and Recaro seats early) THE Original Scheel front buckets in the “parts lot”. Original spare never on the ground in trunk. No doubt the most original CSL in the US possibly the world.

2275 309 (and I think this is that chassis # … Silver CSL with spoilers) Alpina MODIFIED CSL … B2S engine (head stamping and correct stamping on engine block above starter boss) with ZF close ratio tranny, adjustable sway bars front and rear, larger brakes front and rear). NO rear diff cooler. This CSL was purchased from Hussiman in Europe and some alloy pieces were stolen when the car was being painted. My opinion is the alloy bits may now be mounted to the counterfeit CSL in Europe with the same serial number which is not even a good fake. A body shop employee probably swapped the alloy pieces and wrote the serial number down and “Created” an Alpina CSL … I welcome ANY SCRUTINY on this CSL.
Full NOS Alloy pieces in the building across the street for this car to make it correct.

Be Safe All, Jimmy

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hi Jimmy,

i for one was very happy to see all of your stuff stay with you, i wouldn't wish what you were forced to endure on anybody - so stressful. also, great to see you back here on the forum. it was a pleasure to meet you and talk a little bit after the auction was stopped.

all the best wishes for you and hope you are able to keep everything in the rear view.

cheers
scott
atlanta

Last edited:

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Jimmy,
Yoyr white CSL is a very special and cool car! Did you have the turbos installed? Id love to hear more of the story on this car. I’m impressed with your collection and glad you are able to keep it. I hope that our warm Alabama winter allows you nice weather and you find the time to dust one off and go for a ride. Look me up if your near Memphis or Fairhope. I hope to see you driving one of your cars to an event. Best wishes, Mark

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy,
Hope all well with you, and my condolences . Glad you saved the CSLs. You bought my CSL back in 2002, Couple of ownership changes and recently sold on BAT for quite a nice figure.
Remembering the day it went out of my garage and on its way to Alabama on the road.
Best wishes to you.

Attachments

• E1007484-6860-4341-B7BF-9A71565C66BC.jpeg
    E1007484-6860-4341-B7BF-9A71565C66BC.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 1B7DAF37-3C50-4FAA-B592-E220B8D85639.jpeg
    1B7DAF37-3C50-4FAA-B592-E220B8D85639.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

soxrus

Reaction score
Jimmy,
Yoyr white CSL is a very special and cool car! Did you have the turbos installed? Id love to hear more of the story on this car. I’m impressed with your collection and glad you are able to keep it. I hope that our warm Alabama winter allows you nice weather and you find the time to dust one off and go for a ride. Look me up if you’re near Memphis or Fairhope. I hope to see you driving one of your cars to an event. Best wishes, Mark

Mark,

I did not install the Turbos on the White CSL … that was done by the previous owner Richard Conway.
Considering the lack of modern electronics and engine management the car is well sorted and runs excellent !!
Car Tech twin turbo engine had insane amount of money spent on a correct rebuild with high dollar internals with the Turbos in mind from its inception.
The original block with correct serial number is with the car (another building) and of course should be rebuilt and reinstalled at some point.
Great car with exceptional provenance and very deserving of a Concourse Restoration.

Be Safe All, Jimmy

soxrus

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy,
Hope all well with you, and my condolences . Glad you saved the CSLs. You bought my CSL back in 2002, Couple of ownership changes and recently sold on BAT for quite a nice figure.
Remembering the day it went out of my garage and on its way to Alabama on the road.
Best wishes to you.

Merdad,

Great to hear from you … I did run across the sale on BAT and confirmed it was your CSL that I had owned at one time.
That was a really good CSL !!
One of the pictures was of Bill Gammon leaving on his drive back to my side of the country.
Bill was my contact when I bought ‘302 from Henry in West Virginia.
As I recall he was in Vegas and wanted to drive your CSL back after his “vacation”

Hope you are well Merdad !!

Be Safe, Jimmy

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Merdad,

Great to hear from you … I did run across the sale on BAT and confirmed it was your CSL that I had owned at one time.
That was a really good CSL !!
One of the pictures was of Bill Gammon leaving on his drive back to my side of the country.
Bill was my contact when I bought ‘302 from Henry in West Virginia.
As I recall he was in Vegas and wanted to drive your CSL back after his “vacation”

Hope you are well Merdad !!

Be Safe, Jimmy
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I remember Bill. You originally wanted to buy my CSi, but ended up with the CSL. We had to remove the then wooden plank under the
seat cushion for him to fit in.
Stay well.

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ciao a tutti,
A quelli con cui non ho parlato, non vedo l'ora di mettermi in pari

A coloro che ho avuto la possibilità di incontrare di persona... grazie per tutto il vostro supporto, aiuto e genuina gentilezza

Mi dispiace di non aver visitato il sito dall'inizio dell'intero evento, ma non era nel mio interesse o in quello della comunità!?

Non ho ancora letto tutte le discussioni ma prima o poi lo farò

Ma lasciatemi chiarire 2 cose che ho letto...

1). NESSUNA DI QUESTE AUTO E' STATA MAI SEQUESTRATA (o altro quasi messa all'asta)… NESSUNA!!

2). Nulla in questo edificio mi è stato tenuto nascosto per 2 anni... Stavo preparando l'edificio a novembre per un nuovo inquilino a partire dal 1° gennaio 2023

Ad alcune persone piace dire e pubblicare cose di cui non sanno nulla... correggerò il record nei prossimi giorni.

Per quelli che conoscevano/conoscono mia moglie e io sappiamo quanto l'ho amata per quasi 41 anni di matrimonio (44 + anni in totale)

Avrei dato volentieri tutto nell'edificio (e quello accanto ;-) per qualche ora con la mia adorabile "Kathy"

Più tardi

Stai al sicuro, Jimmy

Ciao a tutti,
A quelli con cui non ho parlato, non vedo l'ora di mettermi in pari

A coloro che ho avuto la possibilità di incontrare di persona... grazie per tutto il vostro supporto, aiuto e genuina gentilezza

Mi dispiace di non aver visitato il sito dall'inizio dell'intero evento, ma non era nel mio interesse o in quello della comunità!?

Non ho ancora letto tutte le discussioni ma prima o poi lo farò

Ma lasciatemi chiarire 2 cose che ho letto...

1). NESSUNA DI QUESTE AUTO E' STATA MAI SEQUESTRATA (o altro quasi messa all'asta)… NESSUNA!!

2). Nulla in questo edificio mi è stato tenuto nascosto per 2 anni... Stavo preparando l'edificio a novembre per un nuovo inquilino a partire dal 1° gennaio 2023

Ad alcune persone piace dire e pubblicare cose di cui non sanno nulla... correggerò il record nei prossimi giorni.

Per quelli che conoscevano/conoscono mia moglie e io sappiamo quanto l'ho amata per quasi 41 anni di matrimonio (44 + anni in totale)

Avrei dato volentieri tutto nell'edificio (e quello accanto ;-) per qualche ora con la mia adorabile "Kathy"

Più tardi

Stai al sicuro, Jimmy
Scusa Jimmy, pensavo che certe cose potessero succedere solo in Italia, invece vedo che tutto il mondo è uguale. Come si può pubblicizzare un'asta, parlare di un sequestro sotto il nome dell'Agenzia delle Entrate e non essere veri, come si possono dire cose così false? Non sono bravo con la lingua inglese, penso di capirlo

pst

Reaction score
A little late in this posting. I went to the auction (from West Palm Beach), and wanted to thank a few people I met out there. BMW Pete, Pete in FL, Scott RSPorsche, Lane, and John all gave their time and advice generously. I had a lot of questions and they were always gracious.

As already mentioned in others' posts, glad it worked out the way it did, and that Jimmy can sell his toys on his own terms.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As far as I know the auction was canceled due to the owner coming up with a deal with the IRS.

soxrus

Reaction score
Let me clear this up … nothing in the building was “seized”
It was declared “abandoned“ in an obscure court order from ‘21 … my own lack of focus on these details coupled with my wife’s death and the government/court delays because of COVID all contributed to a bad situation.
Personal bankruptcy was what stopped the auction and even that was a battle.
Watch for a listing in the next day or so … 2275 011 (Motorsport Staff CSL) and 2275 309 (Alpina) will be for sale shortly thru Bankruptcy Court protection.

Be Safe All, Jimmy

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
God Bless you Jimmy, it was a pleasure to work with you and I hope all turns out in your favor.

BMW Performance

Reaction score
I am late to the post also and have been debating saying anything. I was really really hoping the auction would get stopped and happy it did.

For those that don't know me I was the one that showed up in the E12 M535i Tuesday before the doors opened. I guess I was the dark horse ready and amply prepared Wednesday to buy it all if the auction did happen.

soxrus

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just an update on where I am in this process.

My attorney has filed the proposal to the Bankruptcy Court to pay the debtor in this case (IRS)

We anticipate approval soon …

At this time I’m going to offer the 3 (Three) important CSL’s listed above.

Any ONE of the three can be purchased for 200k (when one sells the others will no longer for sale)

There is a brief description above but I’m preparing an individual description for each car and the unique history.

The buyer of ONE of these cars will also be given the option to purchase an Uber rare Carburetor CSL … this CSL is NOT for sale except to the buyer of one of the CSL’s above.

Feel free to check back or ask questions via pm

Be Safe All, Jimmy

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good to hear from you jimmy and we are all glad you have your amazing cars back in your possession, where they belong !!!

Keep well And you wont have any problem in selling your car(s) , to hopefully a buyer from our forum