Shanon's Coupe in Bimmer Magazine

Trucopey

Reaction score
I had a somewhat surreal moment. As alot of you know, I am in Iraq. I flew into a FOB today at about 10am. We had a 4hr wait before our passangers would show up so my crew and I went walking around. I found a news small news stand ran by TCNs (Third Country Nationals). My copilot is also a BMW enthusiast, and he found a copy of Bimmer magazine (June). He purchased it. An hour later while hiding out in a small trailer that had air conditioning (120degF outside) I fliped thru the magazine and I saw an awsome orange coupe. Well it only took me a few seconds to recognize the coupe. Shanon's. Great article. Shanon was one of the forrum members who went out of his way to help me find my latest coupe. What a cool group of people we have.

Alex

RonP

Reaction score
Congrats, Shannon! Phil was shocked and honored that you made mention of him in the article. He still can't believe what you did with what he calls a "rusty bucket". The car looks incredible.

shanon

Reaction score
Thx for the kind words fellas,

Alex: too funny, drop a line if you ever get over to these parts and stay low.
RonP: give Phil my regards and let him know that he has a PO's 'free ride token' anytime.

Gotta go finish unloading the Costo run from the Couper. Amazing what you stuff back there with the seat-delete.

keep on coupin'

;-)

RonP

Reaction score
Thx for the kind words fellas,

Alex: too funny, drop a line if you ever get over to these parts and stay low.
RonP: give Phil my regards and let him know that he has a PO's 'free ride token' anytime.

Gotta go finish unloading the Costo run from the Couper. Amazing what you stuff back there with the seat-delete.

keep on coupin'

;-)

Will do, and I am sure he will take you up on that! I had seen your car at Monterey last year and was smitten with it, but didn't know it was the same car Phil had been talking about for the last 1.5 years. Small world.