Show us your knob , trying to identify this shift knob

bavarian

Reaction score
IMG_5060.jpeg
Anyone have a clue what shift knob this is I seen it on the 02 forum , also looking for cool shift knob suggestions, personal … did petri ever make a bmw shift knob?

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had leather with BMW logo but changed to this alpina knock off. I like it, but its personal opinion. Real Alpina $142 from Walloth. I paid $107 from Ebay.

Attachments

• phone holder.jpg
    phone holder.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-3880.jpg
    IMG-3880.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 36

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 185476Anyone have a clue what shift knob this is I seen it on the 02 forum , also looking for cool shift knob suggestions, personal … did petri ever make a bmw shift knob?

not a super expert (who is?)

but i would say that typography is similar to older cars an motorcycles, i say similar because to my eye is not the one that i konw and the emblem manufacture is also odd to be an older one, (i own a prewar bike)

1719913277263.png

curious to see what you discover here

mine is the emblem + wood one...
1719913015987.png

3moons

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not mine, etc.:

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It seems that wheels, steering wheels, and shift knobs are the most popular things to change on a vintage BMW. Realizing this, I went with a stock shift knob. So unique, I don't think I've seen another. ;)

View attachment 185481
That is the knob the dealer sold me as stock when I did the 5-speed conversion. SFDon told me it was wrong and threw it in anger in his garbage bin, he gave me a wooden knob that releases endorphins in your brain every time you grab it.